Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Thank you, I'll test it and update here if it helps.
By removing SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC can it cause anything else to happen?

BTW I didn't find HDMI to DP cable in the correct direction (HDMI --> DP), only the opposite direction (DP --> HDMI). That's why i choose usb-c to DP.

Thank you

Hey,
I'm using this cable from eBay:

And I'm using Leesureone's EFI folder from page 91 untouched except for serial number change and I've replaced aptiomemoryfix with osxaptiofixdrv. I did it because i'm using corsair vengence sticks and I had problems without changing it. (I found the solution here under the section "Errors i encountered during installation" - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-108#post-1987679 )

Do you think that the Belkin cable (usb-c to DP) might solve the issue?
My display resolution is 1920x1080.

Thank you
Removing SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC on my machine disables the ability to connect a device via USB C. That's it as far as I know, clearly worth a try. Also there are adapters you can purchase vs a cable assembly, if removing SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC doesn't work then the next easier solution would be changing video output to HDMI being you proved it solved the reboot problem.

Updating Clover bootloader question and Soundforge no longer hosting updates?

So when I started my Mojave Hackintosh if you searched "Clover Bootloader download" the top search was. https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ You would download the package and install etc.

Now if you go and try and download Clover 5070 you get a tiny file and when unpacked has a file called "New_version.rtf" a rich text formatted document. When opened the following message is revealed.

"You are in the wrong place, go here: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases"

I wonder why the change. Anyway if anyone is looking for where future releases of Clover .pkg files are they are in Github now.

The latest release is Clover_v2.5k_r5097.pkg Clover 5097 up from my 5070 and was released 6 days ago. I'm trying to learn new things each week about Hackintoshing and updating Clover the right way is this weeks aim. I did it wrong last time and my NUC wouldn't boot. Easy fix I just booted clover 5070 on my USB and copied the backed up version of my EFI folder to the EFI partition.

Updated Clover 5097 has fixed a few things and so far not broken anything but need more time to make sure of that. The main fix is Clover Configurator now is "snappy" no whirling wheels when mounting drives etc.

I updated using Clover Configurator this time around and notice something and why I think it worked. I opened my config.plist using Clover configurator and mounted my EFI.

Then I used the install/update from the left menu. I noticed it auto sensed the exisiting files in "Leesureone" EFI folder and updated some kexts skipped others etc. If you do it manually by opening the .pkg file you have to choose the options and one wrong click and you end up with a dodgy EFI folder and an unbootable Hackintosh.

QUESTION: Leesureone is this how you update clover using Clover Configurator? Am I correct that Clover Configurator scans your existing Clover install and chooses the right options for the update minimising mistakes?

Let me know if you update post 901 to 5097. Considering 5070 was released for Mojave I'm guessing the update is made for Catalina. Some notes specifically say that.
Somethings going on, the redirect on the download is to another branch of clover. I'm waiting to see how this situation develops before I do anything else. Clover Configurator I rarely use but I recommend it for new users being it simplifies managing your clover install and if you like can help manually finding updates.

I wish I could answer your question and know I wasn’t just giving my opinion. I think if configured correctly there isn’t a lot that would change overall performance. You can compare geek-bench scores against real Macs on their web page, mine seem to stack up pretty well.
I totally agree Windows is the preferred gaming platform but so many things go into how well a game is rendered. I would expect some differences in how they benchmark OS to OS but not a huge differences. I think @HedgeHog2k may still have set up issues, he certainly had some unusual issues along the way.
I sure had, but actually now I seem to have a quite stable setup with full working continuity. But I'm a little bit of a perfectionist and I like every detail to work :)

What is your compute result in geekbench4 if I may ask as you claim yours stack up pretty well.

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody knows how to solve the problem of the Mouse Click not working in the Mojave installer.

The Mouse works fine in the clover menu.
When continuing to the Mojave installer it lets me move the mouse pointer and everything reacts to mouseover, but I can't click anything. :/

I was able to start Dsk Utility and format my SSD with using the keyboard alone (Tab, space and enter) but at the point where you have to choose which HDD you want to install to I have to use the mouseclick and can't use the keyboard alone anymore.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any ideas?

NUC8i7BEH
Bios 74
Leesureone's Clover files (EFINUC8Cat from post #901)
Corded USB mouse (3D connexion CAD Mouse)
4k screen via HDMI (LG MN 43MU79-B)

Last edited:
Hello!

I was wondering if anybody knows how to solve the problem of the Mouse Click not working in the Mojave installer.

The Mouse works fine in the clover menu.
When continuing to the Mojave installer it lets me move the mouse pointer and everything reacts to mouseover, but I can't click anything. :/

I was able to start Dsk Utility and format my SSD with using the keyboard alone (Tab, space and enter) but at the point where you have to choose which HDD you want to install to I have to use the mouseclick and can't use the keyboard alone anymore.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any ideas?

NUC8i7BEH
Bios 74
Leesureone's Clover files (EFINUC8Cat from post #901)
What kind of mouse? If its wireless try changing the port the receiver is in or try a corded mouse.

What kind of mouse? If its wireless try changing the port the receiver is in or try a corded mouse.

Ah sorry, I should have put that in my post!

It is a corded USB mouse (3D connexion CAD Mouse)

Ah sorry, I should have put that in my post!

It is a corded USB mouse (3D connexion CAD Mouse)
The simplest thing is reset your bios to default and then apply the various recommended settings at the beginning of the guide from Rehabman. Either that or try a different mouse, USB should be working. If all else fails go into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and empty the contents (save a copy for later) then empty the trash and reboot.

Can you use the Enter key instead ?
If I remember right, happened to me because I didn't have USBInjectall.kext in kexts, you have to have the mouse working to be able to click on a selection.

Back