Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I don't know how to help if that didn't work. Did you change your bios settings?
it worked!
Finally got it to boot without the USB....however...
It boots to clover with like 6 different options to boot to. I choose boot macOS to macOS and it boots. There is an install options, will that complete the update?

it worked!
Finally got it to boot without the USB....however...
It boots to clover with like 6 different options to boot to. I choose boot macOS to macOS and it boots. There is an install options, will that complete the update?
Yes

Ok i

ok it freezes at the black screen with Apple logo and bar when I select boot macOS install from Macos. Boots if I select boot macOS from macos

i have options like
boot macOS install from preboot
and boot macOS install rebooted from preboot

Ok i

ok it freezes at the black screen with Apple logo and bar when I select boot macOS install from Macos. Boots if I select boot macOS from macos

i have options like
boot macOS install from preboot
and boot macOS install rebooted from preboot
Weird it doesn't complete the update. You sure you can't finish the update by booting the USB drive? Also it can take awhile to complete the install especially if it failed once, are you sure its freezing or just taking time...I know you said it was stuck for 20 minutes before.

You can also download the update from Apple and try it that way.
good call. going to try that route. I watched it do the "instalL' and after about 10mins it went to the white installing update screen then immediately to black. Will boot to macOS and download combo update

good call. going to try that route. I watched it do the "instalL' and after about 10mins it went to the white installing update screen then immediately to black. Will boot to macOS and download combo update
Ok got it installed and on 10.14.6 like butter...BUT....can't get Clover to boot to macOS by default. it still has the preboot options in there and I need to select MACOS as the option each time. I have tried using CC and selecting LastBootVolume with no luck.

All the help is greatly appreciated!!

Ok got it installed and on 10.14.6 like butter...BUT....can't get Clover to boot to macOS by default. it still has the preboot options in there and I need to select MACOS as the option each time. I have tried using CC and selecting LastBootVolume with no luck.

All the help is greatly appreciated!!
Instead of LastBootVolume enter the name of the hard drive with Mojave on it.

You dot have to worry about which CPU is installed, the Symbios in the config.plist is the most important part of identifying the machine, Mojave and Clover sort out the CPU.
Thanks again Leesureone I could not have gotten things working without your zipped files so thank you again. All is working I'm just setting things up as I like them today.

BACKUP QUESTION: What is the best way to backup the entire drive in case something goes wrong and I want to image the drive back to a working point in time. Can you link something I can follow or name backup software that will image clover etc as well?

SLEEP QUESTION: When I sleep the NUC it doesn't fully sleep with keyboard turning off lights etc. Is this normal which is fine. I thought I should ask. Or do I need to change a BIOS setting for sleep state? I have been working for years with computers but PC's mostly. The last few years with fixing hardware and MAC's too but not HACKINTOSH'S. Since the 80's.

The second thing is I would like to understand more about the process of how you sourced the files in your EFI. I followed a guide that explained the files in the "drivers64UEFI" and Kexts\other folders as well as the config.plist. I notice you have also ACPI folder with patched SSDT files which I'm guessing is BIOS specific info to make it boot with the later bios'

I don't want to waste your time with questions where would I go to read more on the process of what you have done to make the files in your EFINUC8.zip file which I know is where all the magic was done to make this boot. Well the bootloader too clover is amazing code too.

DUAL BOOTING WINDOWS TWO DIFFERENT SSD DRIVES: Installed Mojave to a Crucial MX500 500gb SSD 2.5" SATA drive and it runs great. I took out the Samsung 970 EVOPlus NVMe M.2 drive to be safe. I want to dual boot and I presume this is possible. At present I have to enter the bios and load the defaults for WINDOWS 10 and boot order. Then to boot into Mojave I load Bios defaults saved for it and boot to that drive.

Could I install BOOTCAMP or dual boot with clover I'm guessing they might be possible?

Thanks for taking the time to advice on this forum too it is very appreciated. I think this is the last of my questions.

Last edited:
Back