Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

My device appears to sleep with the fans and nuc ring light stopping for about a second before starting start back up, the lights and fan are running continuously while in 'sleep mode'. I ran through the guide entirely and installed patches and disabled hibernation. What I thought may be the culprit, an unpatched SSDT, but SSDT-NUC7 is installed in ACPI/patched, so I don't know what could be causing it, any ideas?

NUC7i5BNH, 500GB Samsung 840 EVO, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2400

Last edited:
So in the post-installation, I am stuck trying to change the working directory in Terminal:

cd ~Projects/nuc.git

I have cloned from the git to "nuc.git" but when I try to execute the above command, it doesn't work (error is: "-base: cd: ~Projects/nuc.git: No such file or directory"

If I execute "ls" in the Projects directory, it shows "nuc.git."

Any ideas?

I'm failing in terminal, at ./install_downloads.sh, it tries to copy to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER

You forgot to install Clover. Must be done (as per guide) prior to starting NUC specific post-install steps.

Hey,

Thanks found it in the end. But I have put it in the FakeID & the ig-platform-id. I have tried putting in both, and one in each. I have checked Inject Intel Graphics and tried it again. It still does the same thing. Gets to the point where you need to put in the country and reboots.

Thanks,

Andy

No need to set both; setting invalid ig-platform-id is sufficient to prevent graphics drivers starting.
And you should probably set it in config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id, such that you don't forget to set it in each subsequent attempt.

Note: Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix before your next reply.

My device appears to sleep with the fans and nuc ring light stopping for about a second before starting start back up, the lights and fan are running continuously while in 'sleep mode'. I ran through the guide entirely and installed patches and disabled hibernation. What I thought may be the culprit, an unpatched SSDT, but SSDT-NUC7 is installed in ACPI/patched, so I don't know what could be causing it, any ideas?

NUC7i5BNH, 500GB Samsung 840 EVO, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2400

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile has no hardware details. Please fix before your next reply.

So in the post-installation, I am stuck trying to change the working directory in Terminal:

cd ~Projects/nuc.git

I have cloned from the git to "nuc.git" but when I try to execute the above command, it doesn't work (error is: "-base: cd: ~Projects/nuc.git: No such file or directory"

If I execute "ls" in the Projects directory, it shows "nuc.git."

Any ideas?

Show output of:
Code:
ls -l ~/Projects

Maybe you could write down your learnings for us OSX novices who own a NUC8 so we don't fall in the same traps.

RehabMan has a special part in the first post that has extra info for Nuc8 users. However it's just missing the one part about setting the graphics ID to 0x12345678 to get it to correctly boot (or the plist file just needs to be different for NUC8's install). Still some awesome info. Doing this without this guide would have been impossible at my level of hackintoshing.

No need to set both; setting invalid ig-platform-id is sufficient to prevent graphics drivers starting.
And you should probably set it in config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id, such that you don't forget to set it in each subsequent attempt.

Note: Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix before your next reply.

No worries. I will try it when I get home from work. I tried it on just the ig-platform-id but it kept resetting. Is it where I will keep having to input it until it will work kind of thing?

My Hardware is:

NUC8i5BEK
Intel i5-8259U
2x8 GB Hynix DDR4-2132 SO-DIMM
512GB SSD (Can't remember brand pulled out of old broken laptop)

Thanks,

Andy

nuc.git

That is the only entry.. (file?)

You forgot to provide the output. Please read post #372 again. Carefully.

Back