Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

1) hdmi
2) usb-c -> hdmi
usb-c is not working, but works great in BIOS

After direct upgrade, before your procedure, the NUC loaded with a degraded video quality with 2 monitors and sound by HDMI.
Install, patch, Reboot -> good video, no second monitor, empty output sound devices

1) hdmi
2) usb-c -> hdmi
usb-c is not working, but works great in BIOS

After direct upgrade, before your procedure, the NUC loaded with a degraded video quality with 2 monitors and sound by HDMI.
Install, patch, Reboot -> good video, no second monitor, empty output sound devices

Your USB-C may be on the 0306 port. That port is currently disabled by the patches injected for WhateverGreen.
You can disable those patches to test.
I have a NUC7 here I can test with, but I'll be testing USB-C -> DP.

I already made a suggestion regarding audio. You provided no results.

You updated the comment, I didn't notice that =)
Audio still not available
dump with 2 monitors

Attachments

• debug_23873.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
Your USB-C may be on the 0306 port. That port is currently disabled by the patches injected for WhateverGreen.
You can disable those patches to test.
I have the same problem with USB-C monitor. Mine is NUC7i7BNH. How do I disable those patches? Thanks.

You updated the comment, I didn't notice that =)
Audio still not available
dump with 2 monitors

I did a fresh install here, then tested the USB-C->DP. Confirmed it was not working. Experimented with the patching...
Made a change to the patches for the framebuffer in github config_nuc7.plist... seems there was a problem eliminating the LVDS @0 connector, so now I just leave it there.

Audio is working just fine here with guide instructions. Maybe you can check BIOS settings.

I just have updated from your git, the video is working fine. Still no sound device =(
I didn't change anything in the BIOS for months, it was working.

dual monitor, no audio

Attachments

• debug_14412.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 81
dual monitor, no audio

I think it can be timing related and due to AppleGFXHDA.kext probing HDEF. The probe is going to fail because of FakePCIID, but the problem is it is in ioreg (starting to probe) at the time AppleALC is looking for controllers.

You can keep AppleGFXHDA.kext from loading by injecting a fake device-id that AppleGFXHDA is NOT matching against. 0x9d70 is a good one as FakePCIID.kext maps this to 0xa170 (same as is done for your native 0x9d71) and 0x9d70 is not found in AppleGFXHDA.

For example:
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.29.22 AM.png

If that doesn't work, try 0x9d74 <749d0000>.

If that works out, I'll add it to the affected plists at github.

No idea why I don't run into the same thing with my NUC7... must be slightly different timing here.

Last edited:
tried both, the same result

Attachments

• debug_27790.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
Back