Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I used Sevift‘s config file, so there has been a misunderstanding. With his config file, which is based on a nuc7 the internal mic works but due to different settings he/she set it’s not stable on my current system.

Greetings
schlotterp
I looked at the one Sevit uploaded and it has more lines in it set null (remmed out with #) than it has active....not pretty at all. I might be able to tweak yours to get the microphone to work. Plenty of USB microphones out there as well.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC 7i5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
I looked at the one Sevit uploaded and it has more lines in it set null (remmed out with #) than it has active....not pretty at all. I might be able to tweak yours to get the microphone to work. Plenty of USB microphones out there as well.
Sure, here they are. I removed the Serialnumber and SmUUID from my config file, so that you know. My config file is basically Rehabmans, from the guide, I haven't change anything at this point except for direct boot.

Greetings
schlotterp

Attachments

Motherboard
Intel NUC 7i5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
That would be great. Thanks in advance.

Greetings
schlotterp

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't have an NUC7 but these are config.plists from Rehabman's NUc guide, one for install and then another for once install is complete and you are setting up the hard drive for stand alone boot. If they don't work it may be because of bios updates. You can try adding these values to them under ACPI/DSDT/Patched using Text Wrangler of Plist Edit Pro if you are still having issues.

In Xcode it looks like this:

View attachment 412117
Please make sure you have these specific drivers and kexts installed on your boot drive and if you are trying to install above Mojave 14.2 make sure your version of clover is current. Rehabman's version won't work.
Thank you for your help with this. I have used several different plist files and updates and all lead me to either mouse and keyboard not working or a very long status bar progress. Which then ends on the apple logo and status bar fragmented across the screen. What does that bios fix do?

Also should I update to the newest bios. I'm running 62.

Mojave version 14.0
Samsung UHD monitor connected via hdmi
usb keyboard and mouse

The software is installed on the boot drive but when I boot the drive to finish the install in stops at the language select screen because I can't use the keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Great news, I was able to get it working by changing the number on the graphics platform. To be honest I'm confused as to what to do next. I have the desktop up and running and clover has been installed on the boot drive.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Thank you. But unfortunately it's not working either.

Greetings
schlotterp
Is it just the microphone that doesn't work or is sound not working as well?

Motherboard
Intel NUC 7i5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is it just the microphone that doesn't work or is sound not working as well?
Sound works over HDMI with no problem. I have „built-in“ monitorspeakers.

Greetings
schlotterp

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Great news, I was able to get it working by changing the number on the graphics platform. To be honest I'm confused as to what to do next. I have the desktop up and running and clover has been installed on the boot drive.
You can follow the "Post Install" instructions in the guide on page 1. Hang onto your boot drive, you may need it to boot depending on how things go. Make sure to create the DSDT files mentioned using the "Make" command which if I remember correctly you have to copy to the EFI folder on your hard drive under ACPI,DSDT/Patched location.