Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC 7i5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry I misunderstood, in the original's guide by Rehabman he describes how to create a viable USB SSDT using his Github archives nd the make command. As long as you downloaded his projects folder you can run the two commands any time. If I remember correctly you have to copy them once created from your projects to the ACPI/ Patched folder.

From Rehabman: To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched ACPI.

In Terminal:
Code:
make
make install_nuc7

If that doesn't work Hackintool available on this site can help create a valid USB SSDT. Its the Swiss army knife utility.
I followed RehabMans Guide but I will take a look at Hackintool, thanks.

Greetings
schlotterp

BIOS settings

On my NUC7i7BNH, BIOS version 040 was installed (now updated to 045 yet).

The boot menu and BIOS setup can be accessed by mashing the F2 key during BIOS startup. After the main screen comes up choose "Advanced". That gets you to the main BIOS setup screens.

To start, choose "Load Defaults" (choose from the menu or press F9 in the BIOS setup).

Then change:
- Boot->Boot Configuration, disable "Network Boot"
- Power->Secondary Power Settings, "Wake on LAN from S4/S5", set to "Stay Off"

These settings are important but are already set as needed by "Load Defaults"
- Devices->Video, "IGD Minimum Memory" set to 64mb or 128mb
- Devices->Video, "IGD Aperture Size" set to 256mb
- Boot->Secure Boot, "Secure Boot" is disabled
- Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled.

Suggested:
- Boot->Boot Priority->Legacy Boot Priority, disable "Legacy Boot" (it will reduce confusion).
Exception: NUC8 (read above NUC8 notes)
and I keep getting restarts or that white crossed circle.

there is no IGD option AFAIK on the intel visual bios. only auto enable and disable. Also I couldn't disable UEFI boot as per the picture. only enable legacy usb support.

using default installer guide (for any intel pc) my computer could get to disk utility and install Mac OS option but wouldn't see internal hard drive(Samsung 860 EVO m2). Using THESE bios settings my computer keeps resetting during installation, so I can't get past clover installation selection from USB.

tried installing with unibeast UEFI USB/thunderbolt and no graphical options checked.
tried thunderbolt boot with security level set to legacy (but I'm not sure its the same legacy)
Tried USB with UEFI enabled and legacy support.

I did unibeast and replaced clover EFi with the EFI found here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hades-canyon-nuc.250600/page-14#post-1866456

Any ideas how to stop the restarts? Any plists or something that can be done to USB before I put into NUC to start install?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can someone help me, as I have read so many posts and I still don't have a solution.

I'm running NUC 7I7 and I was able to get the os installed to where I can select the boot from os drive. When I select that it takes me to the select language screen but my mouse and key board won't work. Then I made some changes and now when I select the OS drive it takes me to the mac logo and progress bar where it sits forever.

If I go back to the other plist file I can get to the os setup screen but with no USB support. Please help as I feel that I'm very close to getting this working. Thank you.

I'm running the plist file from the rehab man guide.

I get to step 8 on post #2 and this is where I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Can someone help me, as I have read so many posts and I still don't have a solution.

I'm running NUC 7I7 and I was able to get the os installed to where I can select the boot from os drive. When I select that it takes me to the select language screen but my mouse and key board won't work. Then I made some changes and now when I select the OS drive it takes me to the mac logo and progress bar where it sits forever.

If I go back to the other plist file I can get to the os setup screen but with no USB support. Please help as I feel that I'm very close to getting this working. Thank you.

I'm running the plist file from the rehab man guide.

I get to step 8 on post #2 and this is where I'm stuck.
So are you using the laptop guide or this guide to attempt install? This guide was written with your model in mind. No mouse or keyboard has been lack of a USB kext on the boot drive for me, adding USBinjectall.kext took care of it.

Motherboard
Intel NUC 7i5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just looked again into your config file. I was able to get the internal mics to work, but your config was unstable so I went back to my config (where the mics won't work). I tried to compare your settings to mine and adjusted them but the mics won't work on mine.

Greetings,
schlotterp

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So are you using the laptop guide or this guide to attempt install? This guide was written with your model in mind. No mouse or keyboard has been lack of a USB kext on the boot drive for me, adding USBinjectall.kext took care of it.
Can you show me what a successful plist file should look like? I feel like its not injecting the kext noted above. thanks.

I used the rehabman guide for the nuc 7i7.