I'll have to pay more attention to it, I just uploaded 8.4 and 8.5 to page 89 if you are interested. I'd suggest clearing the NVRAM after updating.Currently running Ventura (latest public beta) under Leesureone's OC 0.8.3 EFI. Did a fresh install to a clean partition, all working well on initial boot. However, have noticed some weird power management issues - since there are a couple of folks here running Ventura thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into these:
1) After waking from sleep a series of apps don't respond and freeze (Safari, App Store). After a clean boot they work normally
2) Sometimes the NUC doesn't enter sleep mode after idle time, and is in a hung state without video output. Needs a hard power reset to come back.
I'll have to pay more attention to it, I just uploaded 8.4 and 8.5 to page 89 if you are interested. I'd suggest clearing the NVRAM after updating.
- Install IntelBTPatcher.kext (Depends on Lilu v1.6.2 or newer)
- Make sure IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v2.2.0 or newer is used.
- Remove/Exclude IntelBluetoothInjector.kext for macOS Monterey and newer from the Bootloader's config (not needed since the kext is not present)
- Install BlueToolFixup.kext from acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM(opens new window)
Interested to hear if you continue to have issues with Safari and the App Store. So far my device has slept twice and everything seems fine, bluetooth was already working.Thanks! I noticed that and upgraded to 0.8.5 + cleared NVRAM. I kept my EFI as close to yours as possible and will monitor to see if I noticed the issues coming back over the next few days.
As a sidenote, after the upgrade bluetooth didn't work (even with IntelBluetoothFirmware and BlueToolFixup both enabled), but following these instructions to upgrade IntelBluetoothFirmware to 2.2.0 brought it back:
This is the last version I had, that works.Hi Dan, instead of sending me your 8.5 version of your EFI please send me whatever working version you have. Same deal, remove serial numbers and zip it and upload it. I should be able to update it so it works for you.
I haven't updated my bios for awhile, to be honest I don't use my NUC8 except to help support users so I tend to fall behind unless someone asks me a question or there is a new version of OSx.This is the last version I had, that works.
If possible I would like to know what have you changed to make 8.5 work, so in the future maybe I will be able to do it by myself.
BTW what BIOS version do you use on your nuc8? Did you update to version 90?