Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I'll have to pay more attention to it, I just uploaded 8.4 and 8.5 to page 89 if you are interested. I'd suggest clearing the NVRAM after updating.

Thanks! I noticed that and upgraded to 0.8.5 + cleared NVRAM. I kept my EFI as close to yours as possible and will monitor to see if I noticed the issues coming back over the next few days.

As a sidenote, after the upgrade bluetooth didn't work (even with IntelBluetoothFirmware and BlueToolFixup both enabled), but following these instructions to upgrade IntelBluetoothFirmware to 2.2.0 brought it back:

1. Install IntelBTPatcher.kext (Depends on Lilu v1.6.2 or newer)
  2. Make sure IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v2.2.0 or newer is used.
  3. Remove/Exclude IntelBluetoothInjector.kext for macOS Monterey and newer from the Bootloader's config (not needed since the kext is not present)
  4. Install BlueToolFixup.kext from acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM(opens new window)

Thanks! I noticed that and upgraded to 0.8.5 + cleared NVRAM. I kept my EFI as close to yours as possible and will monitor to see if I noticed the issues coming back over the next few days.

As a sidenote, after the upgrade bluetooth didn't work (even with IntelBluetoothFirmware and BlueToolFixup both enabled), but following these instructions to upgrade IntelBluetoothFirmware to 2.2.0 brought it back:

Interested to hear if you continue to have issues with Safari and the App Store. So far my device has slept twice and everything seems fine, bluetooth was already working.

Hello Leesureone,
Thank you for updating the EFI! I REALLY appreciate your efforts!
I tried to use the latest EFI 8.5, but at the final step, after the apple logo loads and the mouse curser appears for a second my nuc8 restart.
I tried to clear NVRAM but still same result.
I have uploaded my efi folder without the serial numbers.
Thank you very much

Attachments

• NUC8EFI8.5.zip
    46.9 MB · Views: 27
Hi Dan, instead of sending me your 8.5 version of your EFI please send me whatever working version you have. Same deal, remove serial numbers and zip it and upload it. I should be able to update it so it works for you.

Hi Dan, instead of sending me your 8.5 version of your EFI please send me whatever working version you have. Same deal, remove serial numbers and zip it and upload it. I should be able to update it so it works for you.
This is the last version I had, that works.
If possible I would like to know what have you changed to make 8.5 work, so in the future maybe I will be able to do it by myself.

Thank you

edit:
BTW what BIOS version do you use on your nuc8? Did you update to version 90?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
If possible I would like to know what have you changed to make 8.5 work, so in the future maybe I will be able to do it by myself.

Thank you

edit:
I haven't updated my bios for awhile, to be honest I don't use my NUC8 except to help support users so I tend to fall behind unless someone asks me a question or there is a new version of OSx.

See if the attached boots, it's an updated version of yours. Differences I notice are you have a USBc ACPI SSDT I don't load and I have four more ACPI patches and different Device Properties than you, mine are greatly simplified compared to your display properties.

Attachments

• DAN111EFI.zip
    32.8 MB · Views: 25

Thank you

edit:
Thought I should add that if you want to see the differences between the two you can open both config.plist files and compare them side by side, might have to rename one of them (configdan.plist) to get the program to understand you have two versions. The you can compare the various entries in some of the sections I mentioned. You can also do something similar with open core configurator

Last edited:
I haven't updated my bios for awhile, to be honest I don't use my NUC8 except to help support users so I tend to fall behind unless someone asks me a question or there is a new version of OSx.

See if the attached boots, it's an updated version of yours. Differences I notice are you have a USBc ACPI SSDT I don't load and I have four more ACPI patches and different Device Properties than you, mine are greatly simplified compared to your display properties.
Thank you!

now it booting and working!
just the clear NVRAM (and sip which i'm not using) is missing at boot, how can I add it?
what app do you use to compare the plist files?

Thank you very much

Thank you!

now it booting and working!
just the clear NVRAM (and sip which i'm not using) is missing at boot, how can I add it?
what app do you use to compare the plist files?

Thank you very much
I use PlistEdit Pro but I think for you I would recommend OpenCore Configurator. With it you need to make sure you have the corresponding version you are using with OpenCore. https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-opencore-configurator/

To add functions to the boot menu, like clear NVRAM, you add the driver to the UEFI/ Driver section of your EFI Folder and then a lsoadd it your config.plist under the same section. You can open my EFI folder to see the files and then reference my config.plist for how to call for it to load. It requires hitting the space bar at the boot menu to show those options
Drivers.png
Driver Config.png

Last edited:
I use PlistEdit Pro but I think for you I would recommend OpenCore Configurator. With it you need to make sure you have the corresponding version you are using with OpenCore. https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-opencore-configurator/

To add functions to the boot menu, like clear NVRAM, you add the driver to the UEFI/ Driver section of your EFI Folder and then a lsoadd it your config.plist under the same section. You can open my EFI folder to see the files and then reference my config.plist for how to call for it to load. It requires hitting the space bar at the boot menu to show those optionsView attachment 556016View attachment 556017

Thank you :)

Back