Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Thanks man!
You absolutely rock!
USBC hotplug is working perfectly now.
But bluetooth is not detected anymore, any action I should do to reenable it?
Thanks

Edit: Found, HS10 USB port was missing in kext.
This has H10, just substitute this for the one in your EFI/ OC/ kexts folder and reboot

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 67
there is no single same NUC, got a replacement NUC8i7beh, the monitor behaves differently, with exact same memory and NVME that was installed on the broke NUC8i7BEH
If you want to you can use my BIOS, please change the fan profile it was set to fanless in my use case.

Attachments

• Hackintosh 3th JUL.rar
    810 bytes · Views: 68
You have a different model than I do and one thing I have learned supporting NUC8 users is that the i5 and i7 need slightly different configurations. As far as display issues if you have different types of monitors and one works and the other doesn't its not unusual. All monitors are not created equally in the eyes of OS X and how graphics output is configured. Sometime output or connection settings can be changed using Hackintool to solve those issues, sometimes not or that has even my experience.

One other thing to note is that there are hundreds if not thousands of stories across the Hackintosh forums documenting what works for some users doesn't for others even with the identical hardware. The NUCs are no different.

The difference in the EFI folder I uploaded is the addition of the SDT-USBC.aml file in ACPI/Add. I also tweaked the USBPorts.kext and eliminated the internal headers for simplicity.

As far as uploading a bios back up that would assume the user had the same model and bios version installed. The bios settings are easy enough to change its not worth the confusion that could cause in my opinion.
Damn *sad user support noise

This has H10, just substitute this for the one in your EFI/ OC/ kexts folder and reboot
Thanks I should have mentioned that I fixed usb already.
Next step: install airport card when I receive the adapter :)

So I just received my replacement NUC8i7BEH, now everytime it boots, the monitor stays on but screen is all black, I have to manually unplug and re-plug to get it working. It's connected via thunderbolt, LG ultrafine 4K. Same behavior while connecting a Dell P2415Q Thunderbolt to DP cable. So I guess this replacement NUC could be defective, may have to send it back.

I actually changed device properties to 0400A53E instead of 0900A53E, didn't work, but was able to get 4K over HDMI, before, it only showed 1080 resolution.

Again, all these NUC's have their own personalities! I'm using same SSD than the one that broke, that one had no trouble with the same monitor. So frustrating!
0x3EA
there is no single same NUC, got a replacement NUC8i7beh, the monitor behaves differently, with exact same memory and NVME that was installed on the broke NUC8i7BEH
There are four different IDs possible according to Hackintool for Iris Plus Graphics 655. I'd be trying them all. You can also read more here, that's what I did when trying to find an ID that worked with OpenCore for the NUC7i7 I have.

Hey all,
I cant seem to find any info on how to get dual monitors to work on the NUC8i5 on Mojave? I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the 300 pages of this thread...
Gotta say though - what a cute little beast of a device - took only an hour to get it running smoothly.
Thanks!

Hey all,
I cant seem to find any info on how to get dual monitors to work on the NUC8i5 on Mojave? I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the 300 pages of this thread...
Gotta say though - what a cute little beast of a device - took only an hour to get it running smoothly.
Thanks!
Which boot loader are you using? Also did you set up the right Device Properties for your graphics iGPU in your config.plist?

If you want to you can use my BIOS, please change the fan profile it was set to fanless in my use case.
thank you, tried, but same result : (

Last edited:
Here is your kext. Debug and Release versions for Mojave. Build from latest source.

Hi @Drfrag many thanks for posting the Intel Wireless kext! Works on my Mojave (latest). Thanks for compiling it for me! A few questions, remarks:

1. There doesn't seem to be any versioning at all in this driver nor anything seen in System Information or IORegistry Explorer. How can we know later which zip contains the latest build? CFBundleShortVersionString and CFBundleVersion have not changed...

2. Why are both Release and Debug the same size, 16MB is really a LOT for a driver, can you expand more on that? I was under the impression only "debug" contains symbols and all that extra stuff, please are you certain the release is optimised?

3. In your Info.plist I see keys DTSDKName=macosx10.11 while LSMinimumSystemVersion=10.14 just curious.

4. It seems if we enter our home's Wi-Fi data in Info.plist for both 2,4GHz and 5GHz versions, the driver cannot get an IP and shows "self-assigned address" as far as I see. Originally I thought the driver is not working, but then I disabled Wi-Fi entries 2 to 4 (with invalid data) and upon reboot, the driver works.

5. Does this driver connect to 5GHz networks too? Just curious :D
IOReg-IntelWLAN-Mojave.pngSys-IntelWLAN-Mojave.png
Hi everyone, if you want to try out the embedded Intel WLAN chipset, just enable it in the BIOS, and use the kext provided by @Drfrag in his post in page 330. Works great, I hope there will be some release that's optimised in speed and size with proper versioning soon!

Back