Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

The bios have a backup feature, but yours crashed so i guess u didn't have the choice. Try updating the HDMI firmware and BIOS?
I am getting a replacement soon, my audio jack only accepts input at certain rotations. This is my second replacement this year and I haven't seen any inconsistency between devices so far. But i will find out soon enough.

BIOS updated, no changes. Don't have windows installed to update HDMI, but it's the thunderbolt that has issues.
I would I could have saved BIOS settings, but it died before I could do that

And I'd try selecting Thunderbolt as the default Video output, if already selected then try Auto. Also make sure to follow the bios settings from the first page:

- Devices->Video, "IGD Minimum Memory" set to 64mb or 128mb
- Devices->Video, "IGD Aperture Size" set to 256mb
- Boot->Secure Boot, "Secure Boot" is disabled
- Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled.

already set, except, execute disable bit, I don't have that option on Security ->Security Features, even typed it on the search area, does your NUC8i5 have that option?

already set, except, execute disable bit, I don't have that option on Security ->Security Features, even typed it on the search area, does your NUC8i5 have that option?
The graphics settings are the most important part of it, the Execute Disable Bit isn't. You didn't respond to how your graphic output in the bios is set. You can chose between Auto, HDMI and Thunderbolt. Try changing those up, if that doesn't work its usually the device ID and or tweaking of the output choices in Hackintool that will do the trick.

I ve tested different devices (usbc card reader, usbc phone)
They all work properly when i boot in linux using live distribution and they show up in osx if inserted before boot.
Try this version of OC5.9.

Attachments

• NUC8OC5.9-usbc no headers.EFI.zip
    66.9 MB · Views: 347
Thank you for your dedication, can you share the differences that you made compared to the NUC8OC5.9? Cause in my case, USB-C works fine on my second monitor. I really cannot understand the inconsistency between NUC8 devices, why somebody works and others don't?
Not to mention, a suggestion is that you can take it a step further by uploading your BIOS backup file, and therefore everyone can practically have the same configuration?

Thank you for your dedication, can you share the differences that you made compared to the NUC8OC5.9? Cause in my case, USB-C works fine on my second monitor. I really cannot understand the inconsistency between NUC8 devices, why somebody works and others don't?
Not to mention, a suggestion is that you can take it a step further by uploading your BIOS backup file, and therefore everyone can practically have the same configuration?

You have a different model than I do and one thing I have learned supporting NUC8 users is that the i5 and i7 need slightly different configurations. As far as display issues if you have different types of monitors and one works and the other doesn't its not unusual. All monitors are not created equally in the eyes of OS X and how graphics output is configured. Sometime output or connection settings can be changed using Hackintool to solve those issues, sometimes not or that has even my experience.

One other thing to note is that there are hundreds if not thousands of stories across the Hackintosh forums documenting what works for some users doesn't for others even with the identical hardware. The NUCs are no different.

The difference in the EFI folder I uploaded is the addition of the SDT-USBC.aml file in ACPI/Add. I also tweaked the USBPorts.kext and eliminated the internal headers for simplicity.

As far as uploading a bios back up that would assume the user had the same model and bios version installed. The bios settings are easy enough to change its not worth the confusion that could cause in my opinion.

The graphics settings are the most important part of it, the Execute Disable Bit isn't. You didn't respond to how your graphic output in the bios is set. You can chose between Auto, HDMI and Thunderbolt. Try changing those up, if that doesn't work its usually the device ID and or tweaking of the output choices in Hackintool that will do the trick.

forgot to mention, yes, I played with auto and Thunderbolt, no changes.

there is no single same NUC, got a replacement NUC8i7beh, the monitor behaves differently, with exact same memory and NVME that was installed on the broke NUC8i7BEH

Thanks man!
You absolutely rock!
USBC hotplug is working perfectly now.
But bluetooth is not detected anymore, any action I should do to reenable it?
Thanks

Edit: Found, HS10 USB port was missing in kext.

Last edited:
Thanks man!
You absolutely rock!
USBC hotplug is working perfectly now.
But bluetooth is not detected anymore, any action I should do to reenable it?
Thanks

Edit: Found, HS10 USB port was missing in kext.
Yes, that's true. Later I'll edit the kext again and add it back in for you unless you can handle it.

Back