Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

My Wifi/BT module uses same connectors as the NUC's built-in antennas. Your quote is from Sarkrui and he mentions different Broadcom wifi cards that use different antenna connectors. I don't want to do complete disassembly (which is necessary to attach antenna cables to the plate above the fan), so I decided to disconnect NUC's antennas from the Intel WLAN/BT card and connect them to my own.
There you go, you are going your own way and the first to go that route as far as I know.

If you are using Clover it goes in the hidden EFI folder on your boot drive (you mount with Clover Configurator to edit). Copy and paste the kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/other and reboot, either that or download one of my EFI folders that already have it included.
Thank you for your help. do I add the zip file or should I extract it? it doesnt seem to have the kext naming in the files.

Thank you for your help. do I add the zip file or should I extract it? it doesnt seem to have the kext naming in the files.
Make sure to download the appropriate file, its the first one in the list. Then unzip, if OS X doesn't do it for you, and add to Clover/Kexts/Other then reboot.

Zip File.png

Clover Kext Location.png

you need to unzip it. double-click on it and a new folder will appear with the same name. the kext(s) will be inside the folder.

Make sure to download the appropriate file, its the first one in the list. Then unzip, if OS X doesn't do it for you, and add to Clover/Kexts/Other then reboot.

View attachment 464173

View attachment 464174
Thank you, had to rename the three folders in the extracted files to .kext but still in mac os x catalina it wont allow me to turn bluetooth on or off. did I do something wrong again?

Thank you, had to rename the three folders in the extracted files to .kext but still in mac os x catalina it wont allow me to turn bluetooth on or off. did I do something wrong again?
Yes, don't double post for one. You apparently are not downloading the right file from the GitHub page. Go back to the web page and click on "releases" on the menu bar, then download the zip file, there are only two files in the zip and you want to use "IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext". Pretty basic.

github.png

Strange behaviour.

1. I use the original EFI folder from #894
2. Audio is working via headphones front plug-in , BUT:

I put the Balance in the middle and the sound is like "Audio L minus Audio R". Don't know how to describe it better. Seems I do hear only the "middle part" of the Stereo.​
If I go to BALANCE right only, than​
- both left and right headphones are playing; and​
- it sounds normal​
Any idea?

View attachment 452838

Hello, I had the same problem with a NUC7i7BNH and Leesureone EFI OC5.7. I only had to change layout to 15 at boot arguments in config.plist and now it works OK:

NVRAM
├── Add
├── 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
├── bootargs | String | alcid=15

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yes, don't double post for one. You apparently are not downloading the right file from the GitHub page. Go back to the web page and click on "releases" on the menu bar, then download the zip file, there are only two files in the zip and you want to use "IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext". Pretty basic.

View attachment 464278
Thank you so much it worked!!!! your amazing my friend! and sorry for the doublee post!!! now my only issue keeping me from the perfect nuc mini is the issue with analog static on 4k@60. uhd 620 with 1536mb ram and 64mb in the bios.
latest lilu

Thank you so much it worked!!!! your amazing my friend! and sorry for the doublee post!!! now my only issue keeping me from the perfect nuc mini is the issue with analog static on 4k@60. uhd 620 with 1536mb ram and 64mb in the bios.
latest lilu
Thats great, I had issues getting the display working correctly with OpenCore with the NUC7 but found guidelines for what device ID to use on the OpenCore Laptop guide (NUCs are more like a laptop than a desktop). Not all monitors play well with hackintoshs, the information from your video configuration looks like it is set up correctly. Sometimes a different cable can help or switching outputs form HDMI to Display Port or vice versa.

Last edited:
Hello,
I've been able to get a NUC8I7BEH up and running with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

It works fine except the HEVC hardware decoder.

Anyone knows a way to enable HEVC? H264 works fine.
4001ED0E-A3BD-4FF8-8BA2-AC313E73CB0F.jpeg

Thank you

Back