Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hey guys,

today I switched from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.6 on my NUC8 with the EFI folder provided in Post #894 (Thanks for that)

I now noticed several txt Files in the root directory of my EFI partition.
Could someone please explain what these txt files are used for? And why isn't there any nvram file anymore?

If you open the text files there is typically a message regarding the boot process, sometimes an error is recorded but you would need to open them to see. Nvram is addressed differently than in Clover so the file you mention isn’t needed.

Will OC generate such a txt file every time I boot up the PC? Or is there an option to disable those txt file creation?

Will OC generate such a txt file every time I boot up the PC? Or is there an option to disable those txt file creation?
You can determine the answer to the first question and yes there is an option to turn it off. Please search for the Opencore Vanilla Guide or the manual and read up. If you are going to use it it's the best way to become familiar.

Last edited:
So, I stupidly decided to run the 10.15.4 upgrade yesterday without checking if others were having any trouble. Looks like most are ok, but not me. I couldn't get through a boot without kernel panics. I managed to roll it back by running an install/upgrade from the original install USB I kept around. So far it looks like I'm back to the pre-10.15.4 state. I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest Clover. Anything else I should check before trying this again? Anyone else having issues on a NUC7?

So, I stupidly decided to run the 10.15.4 upgrade yesterday without checking if others were having any trouble. Looks like most are ok, but not me. I couldn't get through a boot without kernel panics. I managed to roll it back by running an install/upgrade from the original install USB I kept around. So far it looks like I'm back to the pre-10.15.4 state. I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest Clover. Anything else I should check before trying this again? Anyone else having issues on a NUC7?
Check and see if you are running Clover r5107. See here

Check and see if you are running Clover r5107. See here
I wasn't, but updated it, rebooted a couple of times and then tried the update again. Same problem. I'll sit on this until someone else says they've been successful. The good news is the recovery boot from the USB works fine.

I wasn't, but updated it, rebooted a couple of times and then tried the update again. Same problem. I'll sit on this until someone else says they've been successful. The good news is the recovery boot from the USB works fine.
Try updating lilu and whatevergreen

Captura de Tela 2020-03-26 às 00.31.11.png

Last edited:
On a different note, I'm trying to use a crappy little composite video to USB adapter and it's working ok except for the audio clipping constantly. No problem on Windows. Anyone have issues like that with the USB or audio drivers? Suggestions for working around it?

Back