Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Sound started to work again after coming out of sleep for a few hours..
And after a reboot sound was again not working. But indeed re-inserting the usb-c cable fixed it again. This is something I need to look into. Seems the same issue described above with hdmi.
Additionally the volume controls keys are broken again and I noticed the volume slider in macos is greyed out (cannot up or down the volume)

How can I add hardware sensor support to my NUC8i7BEH for apps like iStat Menus? BIOS 74, 10.14.6, Clover 5070

@spottsy may be onto something, no need to use multibeast once you finish install (it also could have worked depending on how you chose to install but though to know now). I would start over, format the drive, and reinstall. Then forgo using multibeast which can install kexts to your Mojave partition and and cause conflict. Once install is done mount the EFI partition and copy the entire EFI folder over that already contains Clover. Results then vary, you may or may not have to install clover to be able to boot. Try without first, if it fails boot again from the USB drive and then install clover to your hard drive making sure you end up with the same drivers as in the EFI folder (you can have both open in finder and compare before you reboot, if you are missing any you can copy them over). Sounds more complicated than it is.

Thanks to everyone helping on this (esp Leesureone for the EFI folder). Everything is working as expected by just copying the EFI folder after the Mojave install (no Multibeast). I just used EFI Mounter V3 and copied the EFI folder from message #901. It also booted correctly from the hard drive without the USB drive attached (and I'm dual-booting this NUC with Win10).

One last question, does HDMI sound work with this setup? When I looked at Mojave's sound output choices, it listed either internal speaker (none on a NUC) and AirPlay devices in my home (not practical for the NUC). If no HDMI sound, i'll go look for a tiny usb or headphone jack speaker, but HDMI sound would make it even easier. Thanks again to all the folks here that worked on Mojave on NUCs!

Thanks to everyone helping on this (esp Leesureone for the EFI folder). Everything is working as expected by just copying the EFI folder after the Mojave install (no Multibeast). I just used EFI Mounter V3 and copied the EFI folder from message #901. It also booted correctly from the hard drive without the USB drive attached (and I'm dual-booting this NUC with Win10).

One last question, does HDMI sound work with this setup? When I looked at Mojave's sound output choices, it listed either internal speaker (none on a NUC) and AirPlay devices in my home (not practical for the NUC). If no HDMI sound, i'll go look for a tiny usb or headphone jack speaker, but HDMI sound would make it even easier. Thanks again to all the folks here that worked on Mojave on NUCs!
HDMI sound should be working, I use it with my living room receiver all the time. Fyi, Internal speakers are the front audio jack.

internal sound is the hdmi for my display

Dear all,

I recently acquired an Intel NUC 8i7BEH with 32GB Ram and an Samsung Evo Plus 970 NVME. Following every step from the excellent post #901 in this thread (updating SSD to newest firmware, creating USB with Unibeast, replacing EFI-Folder), I am able so start the Mojave installation up until the point "15 Minutes Remaining" after choosing the language, from that moment on the system keeps rebooting and I always end up in the Clover menu, where I can choose between starting the installation from the USB-Stick or the Samsung SSD. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

Mike

Dear all,

I recently acquired an Intel NUC 8i7BEH with 32GB Ram and an Samsung Evo Plus 970 NVME. Following every step from the excellent post #901 in this thread (updating SSD to newest firmware, creating USB with Unibeast, replacing EFI-Folder), I am able so start the Mojave installation up until the point "15 Minutes Remaining" after choosing the language, from that moment on the system keeps rebooting and I always end up in the Clover menu, where I can choose between starting the installation from the USB-Stick or the Samsung SSD. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

Mike
I assume you select the SSD each time your installation reboots?

also put verbose boot argument so you can see the details of any error (I believe the config.plist of #901 has not set this)

Back