Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

@spottsy may be onto something, no need to use multibeast once you finish install (it also could have worked depending on how you chose to install but though to know now). I would start over, format the drive, and reinstall. Then forgo using multibeast which can install kexts to your Mojave partition and and cause conflict. Once install is done mount the EFI partition and copy the entire EFI folder over that already contains Clover. Results then vary, you may or may not have to install clover to be able to boot. Try without first, if it fails boot again from the USB drive and then install clover to your hard drive making sure you end up with the same drivers as in the EFI folder (you can have both open in finder and compare before you reboot, if you are missing any you can copy them over). Sounds more complicated than it is.
I want to say thanks again LEESUREONE I don't think I would have ever gotten my NUC working without your EFI folder. Now that I have most things working with only one more thing to fix the hdmi audio not working after sleep. Unpluging the HDMI cable fixes the audio for now.

Tomorrow I'm will do a clean install and see if all works without Multibeast for the second time. I want to learn how to update kexts etc but all is now possible with your help of a working system.

I clone my M.2 drive to an external USB SDD drive so if I wreck the EFI folder I can boot from my second drive and fix everything. I'm having a lot of fun.

God damn, the supplemental update 2 broke my sound?! On the other hand volume controls on keyboard seem to work..
Check which output source is being used in system preferences.

If someone uses your setup sequence he boot mac os normally, but lose some NVRAM functionality. Clover may use real UEFI NVRAM or emulated one. Then EmuVariableEfi driver installed NVRAM is emulated and Clover need some data transferred from/to system. rc.local and rc.shutdown.local scripts are responsible for these transfers while loading and shutdown the OS and these scripts should be installed on a boot drive.
rc scripts are a part of Clover installation.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Chines_spy. Thank makes sense of why my system works without installing Multibeast as it was in the EFI folder already scripts as well.

God damn, the supplemental update 2 broke my sound?! On the other hand volume controls on keyboard seem to work..
Moving the kexts to /Library/Extentions (with hackintool) didn't solve the sound issue.

My sound was working perfectly fine after installation but stopped after supplimental update 2. Need some advice here.

MOJAVE Supplemental update 2 is out and safe to install on NUC8's as well. Approx 1.5gb in size.

I did a compare and it doesn't change the EFI folder and files in any way.

INFO: on the update here https://www.macrumors.com/2019/09/26/apple-releases-macos-mojave-10-14-6-supplemental-update-2/

ALSO this update has been merged into the Mojave install app in your applications folder. So delete the Mojave installer from your application folder and DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION.

"Mojave 10.14.6 full installer is also updated. This latest update takes the system build to 18G103"

Moving the kexts to /Library/Extentions (with hackintool) didn't solve the sound issue.

My sound was working perfectly fine after installation but stopped after supplemental update 2. Need some advice here.

TRY unplugging the HDMI cable if you use it for sound and video. It brings back my sound. You might connect another way don't know.

TRY unplugging the HDMI cable if you use it for sound and video. It brings back my sound. You might connect another way don't know.
I’m connected through usb-c, but I’ll to unplug.

Mojave Supplemental Update went smoothly. Sound still here :)
Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 19.17.29.png

Last edited:
Back