Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

This command is searching for a device named IGPU in your IO Registry. You can run IORegistryExplorer and search for IGPU. If it's not present, first step would be to install Lilu and WhateverGreen by downloading them from the Downloads section of this website and installing them by following the instructions here:

You may also need to include the "Change GFX0 to IGPU" patch in Clover Configurator as shown:

View attachment 386673

Then reboot and run the same command again in Terminal. Do you get a non-empty result this time?

Thanks ....fortunately i can reach desktop. But the display is flickering terribly. How do i use IORegistryExplorer to fix iGPU??

these what i have done. I installed these kexts to L/E

Removed old cuda and nvidia webdrivers.

Code:
#cuda
kextunload /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
rm -r /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
kextunload /Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
rm -r /Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
rm -r /Library/Extensions/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
rm -r /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
rm -r /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework
rm -r /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
rm -r /Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA\ Preferences.prefPane
rm -r /usr/local/cuda
rm /Library/Preferences/com.nvidia.CUDAPref.plist
rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nvidia.cudad.plist
rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nvidia.cuda.launcher.plist
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.nvidia.cuda*
kextcache -i /

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 08.39.38.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 08.39.38.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I managed to get rid of flickering by adding 6X properties from IORegistryExplorer and following the guide below but the graphics memory size is 5mb. ???

View attachment 386757
Some comments:
  • In IORegistryExplorer you entered "IGPU" in the "search" field at the top. This is correct. But then click the little "x" at the far right side of the search field. This will expand the tree that you see on the left side of the window. Then grab a screenshot of that. This will tell us what framebuffer (or video driver) is currently attached to your IGPU.
  • In Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Properties, you entered ig-platform-id and device-id incorrectly. The values should be in reverse-byte order as follows:
    • AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00001219
    • device-id = 1219

Last edited:
Some comments:
  • In IORegistryExplorer you entered "IGPU" in the "search" field at the top. This is correct. But then click the little "x" at the far right side of the search field. This will expand the tree that you see on the left side of the window. Then grab a screenshot of that. This will tell us what framebuffer (or video driver) is currently attached to your IGPU.
  • In Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Properties, you entered ig-platform-id and device-id incorrectly. The values should be in reverse-byte order as follows:
    • AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00001219
    • device-id = 1219
Yes they are in reverse-byte. but if use these ones no boot.

Yes they are in reverse-byte. but if use these ones no boot.
  • Are you running High Sierra? Or Mojave?
  • When you say "no boot" what error or indication do you see that boot has failed?

hello
I can't make this work with my Mojave Install. I tried every possible ig-platform-id :
  • 0x0A160000 -> in clover configurator 0000160A
  • 0x0A260005 -> in clover configurator 0500260A
I launch my systme, it boots, but the modification are not concidered...
I still have a message : whatervergreen IGPU device-id 0x0A16, you should change it to 0x0412
I am sure I am making an obvious mistake, but I can't figure what...
Tonypascal

Mojave

it takes very long time to reach desktop and it is flickering non-stop.
Please enable "-disablegfxfirmware" flag in Clover Configurator.

hello
I can't make this work with my Mojave Install. I tried every possible ig-platform-id :
  • 0x0A160000 -> in clover configurator 0000160A
  • 0x0A260005 -> in clover configurator 0500260A
I launch my systme, it boots, but the modification are not concidered...
I still have a message : whatervergreen IGPU device-id 0x0A16, you should change it to 0x0412
I am sure I am making an obvious mistake, but I can't figure what...
Tonypascal
Please check whether you are setting "device-id" to 0x0A16 in Devices --> Properties. As you can see below, that is not valid, so you should change it to 0x0412 or 0x0A26.

From Post #1:

Gen 4: Haswell (Intel HD Graphics 4200-5200)
  • S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
  • Support started with OS X 10.9.x
  • device-id: 0x0D26 0x0A26 0x0A2E 0x0D22 0x0412
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0D220003 (default)
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)

Back