Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Device-id to "0x591B" did not make a difference. Anyhow thanks for your help and suggestions. Any idea why Hackintool doesn't work properly, while FB-patcher does? Both behave the same on the hackintosh as on a real mac. Is is depending on a certain kext that isn't there?

Get the device path of your IGPU:
Download and use the gfxutil tool like so:
Code:
$ ./gfxutil -f IGPU
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

I cannot pass this stage it doesnt work. i placed the gfxutil folder on desktop but i get nothing.

cd desktop\gfxutil ./gfxutil -f IGPU

Get the device path of your IGPU:
Download and use the gfxutil tool like so:
Code:
$ ./gfxutil -f IGPU
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

I cannot pass this stage it doesnt work. i placed the gfxutil folder on desktop but i get nothing.

cd desktop\gfxutil ./gfxutil -f IGPU

Are you trying to run this on Windows? It's a Mac executeable.

Are you trying to run this on Windows? It's a Mac executeable.

Hi all! I read and try all the above. I can't make IGPU to work. I see it in IORegistryExplorer but driver don't load. I appreciate some help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 93
Framebuffer patching in Mojave
Binary patching framebuffers using KextsToPatch in Clover is no longer a viable method in Mojave for Skylake and above. Now you need to use Lilu + WhateverGreen.

I'm on a fresh install (desktop i7-4790K) of Mojave (10.14.3) and I'm using HD4600 alone on a 4K display via DP (no dGPU).
However I only get 1080p rather than 4K.
I installed Lilu+WEG and used hackintool to patch ig-platform-id (0x04160000) and increase VRAM to 2GB as recommended here. I was advised to change System Definition from iMac14,2 to iMac15,1. Still no luck -> 1080p max

Gen 4: Haswell (Intel HD Graphics 4200-5200)
- S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
  • Support started with OS X 10.9.x
  • device-id: 0x0D26 0x0A26 0x0A2E 0x0D22 0x0412
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0D220003 (default)
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)

Is Azul still required in my case? Even after AzulPatcher4600 was merged with WEG?

Is device-id required or is ig-platform-id sufficient?

Here are some reasons why you might need extra Framebuffer Patching:
  • Setting DVMT for those who can't set it above 32 MB in BIOS (framebuffer-stolenmem / framebuffer-fbmem)
  • Setting higher VRAM for 4K users who experience graphical glitches (framebuffer-unifiedmem)
  • Disabling eGPU (disable-external-gpu)
  • Enable pixel clock patch for 4K support (enable-hdmi20)
  • Disabling connectors to enable sleep (framebuffer-pipecount / framebuffer-portcount / framebuffer-conX-type=-1)
  • Removing CNConnectorAlwaysConnected flag for eDP laptop screens on < 10.13.6 (framebuffer-con0-flags=0x00000090)
  • Changing connector types to match your systems ports (framebuffer-conX-type)

In my BIOS DVMT is set to Auto... Is that bad? I can set it up to 512MB. Should I? Or what's the best value? I tried many but it didn't seem to change anything.

I'm using DP. Is pixel clock patch relevant in my case or is it only form HDMI?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,
-a-

Nothing at all...??
This command is searching for a device named IGPU in your IO Registry. You can run IORegistryExplorer and search for IGPU. If it's not present, first step would be to install Lilu and WhateverGreen by downloading them from the Downloads section of this website and installing them by following the instructions here:

You may also need to include the "Change GFX0 to IGPU" patch in Clover Configurator as shown:

Then reboot and run the same command again in Terminal. Do you get a non-empty result this time?

Back