Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Right here:
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 3.22.33 PM.png
Do you continue to see the error "[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!"?

Attaching latest config.plist.

Still no entry in IOREG, Tried with both IDs, and verbose mode is too fast so I couldn't catch the message
Do you continue to see the error "[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!"?

But maybe it's because it was too fast for my sight.

Thank you so much for the infinite patience you have.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 155
Attaching latest config.plist.

Still no entry in IOREG, Tried with both IDs, and verbose mode is too fast so I couldn't catch the message

But maybe it's because it was too fast for my sight.

Thank you so much for the infinite patience you have.
Please try this one. The only meaningful changes made are:
  • Checked on: disablegfxfirmware
  • Changed Device ID back to 3E9B
  • Changed SMBIOS to iMac14,2
  • Kept your serial numbers the same
Tip: When we test many different Framebuffer settings, it's advisable to periodically do a clean shutdown by removing power cable from the wall for 10 seconds. This resets some CMOS settings.

Attachments

• config-cesarsk2.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 143
Please try this one. The only meaningful changes made are:
  • Checked on: disablegfxfirmware
  • Changed Device ID back to 3E9B
  • Changed SMBIOS to iMac14,2
  • Kept your serial numbers the same
Tip: When we test many different Framebuffer settings, it's advisable to periodically do a clean shutdown by removing power cable from the wall for 10 seconds. This resets some CMOS settings.

Until now I've always rebooted but with this latest config I've turned off the power supply for 10 secs like you've said.

Your config didn't work and it looks like it still appears as "Macbook Pro" instead of "iMac". That's weird because I opened your config with Clover Configurator and it says iMac 14,2.

I checked the CLOVER folder and there's only one config.plist . Backup configs are under .zip extension.

That is so frustrating >.<

Until now I've always rebooted but with this latest config I've turned off the power supply for 10 secs like you've said.

Your config didn't work and it looks like it still appears as "Macbook Pro" instead of "iMac". That's weird because I opened your config with Clover Configurator and it says iMac 14,2.

I checked the CLOVER folder and there's only one config.plist . Backup configs are under .zip extension.

That is so frustrating >.<
Some clarification:
  • When you say "it didn't work" does it mean (a) system could not boot or (b) the correct video driver did not get attached or (c) the new file did not take effect?
  • Are you testing these changes by copying new config.plist files to the USB flash disk or to the Mojave SSD? In either case, do you mount the EFI partition and copy config.plist to EFI/CLOVER folder in that partition?

Some clarification:
  • When you say "it didn't work" does it mean (a) system could not boot or (b) the correct video driver did not get attached or (c) the new file did not take effect?
  • Are you testing these changes by copying new config.plist files to the USB flash disk or to the Mojave SSD? In either case, do you mount the EFI partition and copy config.plist to EFI/CLOVER folder in that partition?

- It didn't work means that it booted but there's no acceleration so I'd say the correct video driver did not get attached (in IOREG it's not appearing the entry you've mentioned earlier under IGPU) and I can't get why this time it's not even changing the SMBIOS.

- Every time I want to apply a new config.plist I mount the EFI partition through Clover Configurator then I open the partition EFI and paste the file into CLOVER folder, replacing the old one.

- There's no USB drive attached, only the drive where I installed High Sierra.

- It didn't work means that it booted but there's no acceleration so I'd say the correct video driver did not get attached (in IOREG it's not appearing the entry you've mentioned earlier under IGPU) and I can't get why this time it's not even changing the SMBIOS.

- Every time I want to apply a new config.plist I mount the EFI partition through Clover Configurator then I open the partition EFI and paste the file into CLOVER folder, replacing the old one.

- There's no USB drive attached, only the drive where I installed High Sierra.
  • The new SMBIOS name should appear in "About this Mac". Is that where you're looking?
  • Do you have more than one hard drive or SSD connected? If so, each disk might have its own EFI folder.
  • Even if SMBIOS name does not change, it's still important to check whether the new Device ID and Platform ID values are appearing in IORegistryExplorer under "IGPU".
  • Are there any discrete GPUs installed? (Not sure if I asked this before...been busy with several other help requests.)

• The new SMBIOS name should appear in "About this Mac". Is that where you're looking?
  • Do you have more than one hard drive or SSD connected? If so, each disk might have its own EFI folder.
  • Even if SMBIOS name does not change, it's still important to check whether the new Device ID and Platform ID values are appearing in IORegistryExplorer under "IGPU".
  • Are there any discrete GPUs installed? (Not sure if I asked this before...been busy with several other help requests.)

Yes

Just one Samsung 750 Evo

IoREGExplorer says iMac4,2 so only under About this Mac it still weirdly says Macbook Pro.
Under IGPU device-id is 9b3e0000 and aapl,ig-platform-id is 07009b3e

No, the only GPU meant for this computer is the integrated one since I need it for a friend who needs to use it for Logic Pro X.

Is there anything else I could try ? Every piece of this computer is brand new and I bought them on Amazon a few days ago FYI, so I don't think any of them is broken.

Last edited:
Yes

Just one Samsung 750 Evo

IoREGExplorer says iMac4,2 so only under About this Mac it still weirdly says Macbook Pro.
Under IGPU device-id is 9b3e0000 and aapl,ig-platform-id is 07009b3e

No, the only GPU meant for this computer is the integrated one since I need it for a friend who needs to use it Logic Pro X.

Is there anything else I could try ? Every piece of this computer is brand new and just bought on Amazon FYI, so I don't think any of them is broken.
Because serial number has not changed, About this Mac may not show the new SMBIOS. But that's okay.

Here's one more attempt.

We're running out of options! If this also fails please compress and upload the entire EFI folder. Hopefully others monitoring this traffic might offer some clues as well.

But the first priority is to simply get your iGPU initialized.

Also, are you using the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen?

Attachments

• config-cesarsk3.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 115
Because serial number has not changed, About this Mac may not show the new SMBIOS. But that's okay.

Here's one more attempt.

We're running out of options! If this also fails please compress and upload the entire EFI folder. Hopefully others monitoring this traffic might offer some clues as well.

But the first priority is to simply get your iGPU initialized.

Also, are you using the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen?

Nothing. Tried that one as well :( System boots but no acceleration working.

Thank you so much for your help.

Here's my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 76
Back