Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

I've got 10.13.6 (17G2307), should I stick to MBP15,2 or switch to Macmini8,1?
Macmini8,1 will only work with 10.14.1 and later. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with High Sierra, but you can still try 0x3E9B0007 and use MBP15,2.

Macmini8,1 will only work with 10.14.1 and later. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with High Sierra, but you can still try 0x3E9B0007 and use MBP15,2.

Tried the three sets of parameters you've suggested but no results. Each one of them boots normally without blank screen but there's no graphics acceleration.

Is there no way to debug this issue?

Could it be that it's because I didn't use the debug version of Lilu and Whatevergreen (I used the latest release version available on their repos) and I didn't dump my framebuffer data?
Or maybe because I didn't spoof my CPU ?

Last edited:
Tried the three sets of parameters you've suggested but no results. Each one of them boots normally without blank screen but there's no graphics acceleration.

Is there no way to debug this issue?

Could it be that it's because I didn't use the debug version of Lilu and Whatevergreen (I used the latest release version available on their repos) and I didn't dump my framebuffer data?
Or maybe because I didn't spoof my CPU ?
  • Can you upload your config.plist containing any of the combinations you tried?
  • Are Lilu and WhateverGreen installed in /Library/Extensions or in CLOVER/kexts/Other?

• Can you upload your config.plist containing any of the combinations you tried?
  • Are Lilu and WhateverGreen installed in /Library/Extensions or in CLOVER/kexts/Other?

• CLOVER/kexts/10.13
I read it's more ideal than in /L/E/ so I put them there and they're up and running checking IOREG -> IOService under IOResources

Here's the config file with the third conf you've suggested.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
  • CLOVER/kexts/10.13
I read it's more ideal than in /L/E/ so I put them there and they're up and running checking IOREG -> IOService under IOResources

Here's the config file with the third conf you've suggested.
Please try the attached config.plist (rename it of course). I've enabled Verbose and made a few other changes. During startup and shutdown you will see a lot of log messages!

The first goal is to make sure that the iGPU gets initialized properly, in which case you should either see a Black Screen from HDMI or a fully working HDMI signal.

If you get a Black Screen, that's good! It means Lilu/WhateverGreen are activated, so we just have to try some other settings.

When you run IORegistryExplorer, do you see "AppleIntelFramebuffer" under IGPU?

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 3.09.55 AM.png

Attachments

• config-cesarsk.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 116
Booting but still no GPU Acceleration, attaching screenshot of IOREG.

On verbose mode I noticed that it was written the following:
[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 14.47.37.png
Please try the attached config.plist (rename it of course). I've enabled Verbose and made a few other changes. During startup and shutdown you will see a lot of log messages!

The first goal is to make sure that the iGPU gets initialized properly, in which case you should either see a Black Screen from HDMI or a fully working HDMI signal.

If you get a Black Screen, that's good! It means Lilu/WhateverGreen are activated, so we just have to try some other settings.

When you run IORegistryExplorer, do you see "AppleIntelFramebuffer" under IGPU?

View attachment 382764

Booting but still no GPU Acceleration, attaching screenshot of IOREG.

On verbose mode I noticed that it was written the following:
[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!View attachment 382768
Can you please capture the screenshot again, but after you search for IGPU, then click the "x" to clear the search field. This will show the rest of the tree under "IGPU".
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 14.47.37.png

Okay, the accelerated graphics driver is not running. Instead, the default VESA driver (IONDRVFramebuffer) is attached. Instead of Device ID 0x3E9B, please try 0x3E92, then check IORegistryExplorer again.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 3.05.10 PM.png
If you still don't see "AppleIntelFramebuffer" then switch to Device ID 0x3EA5.

Okay, the accelerated graphics driver is not running. Instead, the default VESA driver (IONDRVFramebuffer) is attached. Instead of Device ID 0x3E9B, please try 0x3E92, then check IORegistryExplorer again.
View attachment 382772
If you still don't see "AppleIntelFramebuffer" then switch to Device ID 0x3EA5.

Tried but still not showing under IGPU. I'm sorry but I'm not sure how to switch to 0x3EA5, where do I do that? On Hackintool under PlatformID ?

Back