Contribute
Register

Guide: Intel DP67DE Installation Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
otis lehawk said:
so I have the same setup as the guide, except for i am running a i3 2105 processor. i went out and bought all new cpu and mobo and my goal is to dual boot W7 and Mac OSx 10.6.6. well i followed the guide and updated my bios to the latest and enabled and dissabled exactly what you did and saved and restarted now it only turns on for ten seconds then restarts..... without enough time to reach the BIOS.... anyt ideas or a way to reset the bios? i removed the CMOS and drained all power but i still get nothing........ :cry: :cry: :banghead:

No I don't ... it sounds like a problem with your hardware if it's not even making it to the BIOS. Does it give you a number of beeps? Sometimes that will help in diagnosing the problem. Sorry for the lack of help here.

Good Luck

Thanks for the response, But no i don't get any beeps or anything it just gets to the intel start picture for about 2 seconds and that's it. I'm searching through Intel support forums so hopefully ill find something.thanks for the help though i will probably be back with more questions once i get past this issue.

Ok, so, i figured out that my graphics card was the issue so i picked up a new one of those, so i set everything up in the bios again, and ran iboot with PCIRootUID=1 -x and it had a black screen for awile and popped up some text that said some errors, then i got the apple logo and the spinny wheel but as that was loading in the center of the screen it gave me a box with a crossed out circle in it, then asked me to choose my language and now it says, "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer" and asks me to restore or restart...

otis lehawk said:
Ok, so, i figured out that my graphics card was the issue so i picked up a new one of those, so i set everything up in the bios again, and ran iboot with PCIRootUID=1 -x and it had a black screen for awile and popped up some text that said some errors, then i got the apple logo and the spinny wheel but as that was loading in the center of the screen it gave me a box with a crossed out circle in it, then asked me to choose my language and now it says, "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer" and asks me to restore or restart...

You might want to do the -v (verbose) command before rebooting to find out where it's crashing. Once you do that post a picture of it on TonyMac. That works real well to get feed back from the community. Mine has been working so well I can't remember how to fix things but I got a lot of help from the community.

good luck

Ok Thanks for the help. I decided that it would be more useful to install it as a Virtual machine instead of a dual boot, so im going to research that but thanks for all ur help and keep up the good work :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :headbang:

It's my first hackintosh, soI tried to follow you guide, but I still can't get to the install screen.
My MOBO is a DP67DE with an i5-2500k and a zotac gtx 560Ti video card.
I've setted up the bios(version 67) like you said, the only thing that I didn't managed to do was to disable the intel hypertherading tecnology

Here are some pictures of the error that I'm getting :thumbdown:

Attachments

• DSC02804.JPG
    DSC02804.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 401
  • DSC02806.JPG
    DSC02806.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 342
  • DSC02810.JPG
    DSC02810.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 378
bagre15 said:
It's my first hackintosh, soI tried to follow you guide, but I still can't get to the install screen.
My MOBO is a DP67DE with an i5-2500k and a zotac gtx 560Ti video card.
I've setted up the bios(version 67) like you said, the only thing that I didn't managed to do was to disable the intel hypertherading tecnology

Here are some pictures of the error that I'm getting :thumbdown:

I have not seen this error and you should probably ask the community. I've had minor issues with mine for so long I've even forgot some of the steps since I've done a fresh install with UniBeast.

Good Luck.

Nice guide, but please tell me where can i get the patched DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back