Contribute
Register

Guide: Intel DP67DE Installation Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
raketa said:
This is my first time posting but with a lot of effort over the last few weeks I was finally successful with a stable Hackintosh.

Motherboard: Intel DP67DE
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics: GeForce 460 1GB
Memory: 16GB

BIOSupgraded BIOS to 5/26/2011 (BAP6710H.86A.0067)
Enable:
• ACHI (default on motherboard)
• UEFI (will allow Max OS X to boot from hard disk)
• Multiple HD (boot UEFI drive prior to other HD)
Disable: (Enable after installation is complete)
• Main - Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
• Power - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology, Processor C States

INSTALLATION
1. Boot with iBoot 3.1.1
2. Insert Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD highlight and press F5
3. Type PCIRootUID=1 –x and Enter (this may fail a few times)
4. Disk Utility
5. Partition hard drive to GUID Partition Table
6. Format hard drive to Max OS Extended (Journaled)
7. Name it Snow Leopard and close Disk Utility
8. Choose install on Snow Leopard
9. Choose Customize and Uncheck additional options
10. After Install Restart computer
11. Boot with iBoot 3.1.1
12. Choose new Snow Leopard installation and type PCIRootUID=1 and Enter
13. Open Finder
14. Right-click /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
15. Choose Show Package Contents
16. Navigate to Contents, then Plugins folder
17. Delete ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext
18. Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache
19. Reboot
20. Boot with iBoot 3.1.1 and highlight Snow Leopard
21. PCIRootUID=1 and Enter
22. Download the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update
23. Download MultiBeast 3.7.3
24. Open MultiBeast (don’t run it yet)
25. Mount MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg
26. Install MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.pkg
27. Switch to MultiBeast and select the following:
a. EasyBeast
b. UserDSDT Install – copy DSDT file to desktop - downloaded from InsanelyMac
c. System Utilities
d. ALC8xxHDA
e. AppleHDA Rollback
f. Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
g. USB 3.0 – NEC/Renesas
h. Hnak’s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
i. 64-bit Apple Boot Screen
j. Instant Menu
28. Download NVIDIA Retail_256.02.25f1v1.dmg
29. Remove iBoot from CD Drive and reboot be sure to have UEFI Enabled in BIOS

I hope this helps someone with the DP67DE Motherboard and please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks for the great community support and especially TonyMac!

Next Step ... LION!

UPDATE!

I've just updated my system to LION with xMove and by following TonyMac's steps it worked perfectly ... well hopefully since it's only been a day. The only problem (so far) is that I needed to re-install the DSDT again with Multibeast so sound would work.

Very Cool! ... thanks TonyMac :thumbup:

I decided to use your DSDT and everything seemed fine except when I used Multibeast to setup up my system for 64 bit. Now all I get is the spinning wheel when it's trying to boot and nothing else.

Is there a way to force it to boot so I can go back to my DSDT?

Thanks

I have pentium i7 sandybridge processor mounted on intel DH67CL mother board, 4 gb Ram and Gforce 210 graphic card , I mounted the Mac Os 10.6 and upgraded it to 10.6.8 using your guide,,, thank you very much for the same..
I have upgraded it to lion sucessfully but not without hiccups,,
1) the system takes eternity to boot and become functional
2) bluetooth is not functional
initially audio also was not functional, but it became functional after running multibeast 3.7.3 and loading DSDT files, please guide me and advice me wether i have to run multi Beast 4 or do some thing else to make it fully operational as it is today it is not ,,,, please help

Thank you so much man for this great effort!!!! i got it worked except my onboard sound driver. All other are working fine. I'm using an external soundcard(firewire 410) so it was not a probs. Sound is working perfectly with my firewire 410 card. Updated successfully to 10.6.8. Thanks :) :) :)

I resolved my issue with not booting into 64bit.

When I ran the new MultiBeast 4.02 I neglected to check the box for "Extension Migration Tool" which adds "UseKernelCache=Yes" to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Now 64bit works again. :thumbup:

I couldn't resist and not try UniBeast ... it's AMAZING!!!

I would not even consider the above instructions if you are planning on installing Lion. I'll post my installation process once I've fully tested my system. It is amazingly simple! :thumbup:

My Geekbench went from 10,300 to over 11,000 with the same hardware. :headbang:

I am having problems getting my system to boot. Multibeast doesnt seem to boot it. I have followed your install guide step by step. The Only differnce I see is that I doo have the 70 bios... Any help would be apprecieated.

Shermantic said:
I am having problems getting my system to boot. Multibeast doesnt seem to boot it. I have followed your install guide step by step. The Only differnce I see is that I doo have the 70 bios... Any help would be apprecieated.

Someone else had problems with the 70 BIOS and downgraded to the 67 BIOS. Apparently there are issues with the BIOS you're using and the DSDT that I use is designed for the 67 BIOS. My only suggestion would be to downgrade. Or you might try the recent BIOS from Intel which is 72.

so I have the same setup as the guide, except for i am running a i3 2105 processor. i went out and bought all new cpu and mobo and my goal is to dual boot W7 and Mac OSx 10.6.6. well i followed the guide and updated my bios to the latest and enabled and dissabled exactly what you did and saved and restarted now it only turns on for ten seconds then restarts..... without enough time to reach the BIOS.... anyt ideas or a way to reset the bios? i removed the CMOS and drained all power but i still get nothing........ :cry: :cry: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back