Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel DH67xx with HD3000 using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Intel USB2 ports should work just fine,... provided you followed the guide exactly as written.
If you have an issue with USB2, attach problem reporting files.

For Renasas USB3, must use GenericUSBXHCI.kext + *MUST* plug the device in *PRIOR* to booting.
Also, make sure you installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext correctly.
No way for me to verify without problem reporting files...

It works now, I didn't touch nothing and I always plug the device in *PRIOR* to booting but now is fine in 2.0 and 3.0 connections.
(Edited) All 2.0 connections working. 2 USB 3.0 (front) working but the other 2 connections on the back don't work.
I attached report files.
This guide only uses Clover.

Sorry, I redo my question:
Do you think is better to use this build with Mavericks or Yosemite to get better performance?

thanks!

Attachments

• REPORT3.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
It works now, I didn't touch nothing and I always plug the device in *PRIOR* to booting but now is fine in 2.0 and 3.0 connections.
(Edited) All 2.0 connections working. 2 USB 3.0 (front) working but the other 2 connections on the back don't work.
I attached report files.

No idea what you mean by "the other 2 connections". You will need to be specific.
Your ioreg shows GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not loading (probably not installed properly).

Also,
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry, I redo my question:
Do you think is better to use this build with Mavericks or Yosemite to get better performance?

I ran it for quite a while on up to 10.12.5... (since then, have moved the hardware to a Windows only purpose).
As clearly written in post #1, I installed an FL-1100 USB3 card and disabled Renasas.

No idea what you mean by "the other 2 connections". You will need to be specific.
The other two blue USB3.0 connections on the back of my computer. It have 2 in the computer frontal and 2 on the back.
Your ioreg shows GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not loading (probably not installed properly).
I'm going to try it again. I just paste in kext/other folder.
I read that using "sudo cp -R GenericUSBXHCI.kext /Library/Extensions" is correct but I don't know how to do the installation on my EFI partition. Or perhaps is correct and I have to install on "/Library/Extensions"

Attachments

• debug_21213.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The other two blue USB3.0 connections on the back of my computer.

I already answered your questions regarding Renasas USB3.
(eg. ignore it, disable it, and install FL1100 hardware as written in post #1)

It have 2 in the computer frontal

No idea what you're referring to.
Case ports are typically connected to internal headers (which are all USB2/Intel).

I'm going to try it again. I just paste in kext/other folder.
I read that using "sudo cp -R GenericUSBXHCI.kext /Library/Extensions" is correct but I don't know how to do the installation on my EFI partition. Or perhaps is correct and I have to install on "/Library/Extensions"

Your kextcache clearly shows GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not installed.
It also proves you did not follow the guide... because the guide install_downloads.sh installs FakeSMC/etc to /L/E, not /S/L/E.

I already answered your questions regarding Renasas USB3.
(eg. ignore it, disable it, and install FL1100 hardware as written in post #1)

No idea what you're referring to.
Case ports are typically connected to internal headers (which are all USB2/Intel).

Your kextcache clearly shows GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not installed.
It also proves you did not follow the guide... because the guide install_downloads.sh installs FakeSMC/etc to /L/E, not /S/L/E.

I did all "git" terminal work. I'm just trying to confirm where is the best place I have to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Anyway I'm repeating the whole installation process but this time using Yosemite. I will pay special attention when I installing everything. I hope to understand everything well especially if I have to install in this case(Yosemite) in L / E or in S / L / E.
I hope everything goes well and not have to send a "problem reporting" again.
Thank you!

Hi! I finished my 10.10.5 installation with USB 3.0 running with GenericUSBXHCI.kext
I copy it after installing it in S / L/ E and then I paste it in EFI..../kext/other

It seems USB 3.0 works, I only have a problem with use USB3.0 hard disk. When I plug the computer with it plugged in the USB3.0 connection the boot loading is longer than with other USB3.0 hard disk.
Graphics (with 2 monitors), audio and internet works fine.

Another thing I'm wondering is the clover resolution. I changed it in config.plist gui Screen Resolution with clover configurator but nothing didn't change. Allways sets it in 1034x768 [SOLVED] with CmsVideoDxe-64.efi . Is this correct?

Attachments

• 812.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hi! I finished my 10.10.5 installation with USB 3.0 running with GenericUSBXHCI.kext

With 10.10.x, this guide does not use GenericUSBXHBCI.kext.
It patches AppleUSBXHCI.kext via config.plist KextsToPatch.

Another thing I'm wondering is the clover resolution. I changed it in config.plist gui Screen Resolution with clover configurator but nothing didn't change. Allways sets it in 1034x768 [SOLVED] with CmsVideoDxe-64.efi . Is this correct?

Resolution in Clover was never a concern for me.

With 10.10.x, this guide does not use GenericUSBXHBCI.kext.
It patches AppleUSBXHCI.kext via config.plist KextsToPatch.
Thanks! So what I have to do? delete GenericUSBXHBCI.kext?

I don't see AppleUSBXHCI.kext in S/ L/ E I don't understand how to get it. I can't see it on the guide sorry

Last edited:
Thanks! So what I have to do? delete GenericUSBXHBCI.kext?

Yes.

I don't see AppleUSBXHCI.kext in S/ L/ E I don't understand how to get it. I can't see it on the guide sorry

It is installed by the OS X installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back