Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked with OSX 10.13.3 by following the instruction step by step. It's a very good tutorial if anyone want to work it with NUC5. Just happened recently that the system notices me to update to OSX 10.13.4 by 'App Store'. So I click the installation and rebooting my NUC5. After booted up, the sound device become a bit wired. The sound device issue can be resolved by reboot the system again. However, when I check the version of the system. It still stay in 10.13.3!

Does anyone upgrade 10.13.4 successfully? Is there anything I should aware before I upgrade 10.13.4 on current 10.13.3?

The 10.13.4 update must be applied by booting the installer.
You will notice the extra entries in Clover when you reboot, provided you have current Clover installed.
Maybe you have no entry for the installer after the reboot because you neglected to update Clover?

Read post #1, "System updates".

This guide does not use Multibeast or KextBeast.

Follow post #1 as written.
If you have an issue, reply with problem reporting files as per post #1...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Hi Rehabman. Thanks for the directions. I tried to run the auto debug script install_tools.sh you mentioned, but it didn't work because because of the lack of internet connectivity. The message displayed was "Unable to connect to the internet. Aborted." I've collected the manual debug files and posted them on the other thread you've been responding too.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi Rehabman. Thanks for the directions. I tried to run the auto debug script install_tools.sh you mentioned, but it didn't work because because of the lack of internet connectivity. The message displayed was "Unable to connect to the internet. Aborted." I've collected the manual debug files and posted them on the other thread you've been responding too.

Thanks for all your help!

If you followed the guide, you have internet connectivity via Ethernet from the very beginning.

Hi RehabMan
Thank you so much for this guide - it is excellent. My NUC5i7 works perfectly, and this is the first guide I've found that helps with upgrades via the App Store.
I found I needed to do one more thing - create a new build directory with a small b. The git repo has one with a capital B but in APFS with case distinction it makes 'make' fail.
I wondered if you wanted to update the git repo to allow for case sensitivity?
Thanks again!!

Hi RehabMan
Thank you so much for this guide - it is excellent. My NUC5i7 works perfectly, and this is the first guide I've found that helps with upgrades via the App Store.
I found I needed to do one more thing - create a new build directory with a small b. The git repo has one with a capital B but in APFS with case distinction it makes 'make' fail.
I wondered if you wanted to update the git repo to allow for case sensitivity?
Thanks again!!

Thanks for mentioning (I don't use case-sensitive file systems).

Changed it in the repo (git mv Build/readme.txt build/readme.txt), but I don't think a git pull will fix it.
(a re-clone would)

This is a great guide - Thank you so much - the only thing which does not work for me is the HDMI-Audio when using 10.13.6 - I already altered the config.plist to use @framebuffer1 - but I cannot get it to work - Is there a nice solution to use the install-script without patching the AppleHDA - so I could try different solutions ...

This is a great guide - Thank you so much - the only thing which does not work for me is the HDMI-Audio when using 10.13.6 - I already altered the config.plist to use @framebuffer1 - but I cannot get it to work - Is there a nice solution to use the install-script without patching the AppleHDA - so I could try different solutions ...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I'm sorry - I thought of a solution before installing your script, to bypass the HDA patching - I followed the Problem Reporting and uploaded all files in zip file - maybe you can check it :D

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
I'm sorry - I thought of a solution before installing your script, to bypass the HDA patching - I followed the Problem Reporting and uploaded all files in zip file - maybe you can check it :D

Did you try as per post #1?
boot without caches
rebuild cache
reboot

??

Why are all your ACPI files marked "Tarox202"?
I don't remember that with my Intel NUC5, but maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.

Also, you might find the connector patch is easier to enable in the 'beta' branch as it uses WhateverGreen for patching instead of KextsToPatch.

But working onboard audio must be activated before you can expect HDMI audio.

The Vendor of my NUC is Tarox - so I added the value of Tarox to the smbios - I boot without caches (-f) and rebuilt the caches and rebooted twice - nothing changed - there is not even the headphone available in the sound-output :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back