Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow up the instruction on my NUC5i7RYH. I cannot get the audio device up and running. What could be wrong? May you guide for me please?

View attachment 320526

attached the ZIP for reporting issue.

Thank you very much!

Why is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed?
The guide does not call for it and the scripts don't install it.

Same for:
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

Your ACPI/patched content is wrong. See post #1 regarding 'make install'.
Your config.plist is wrong. See post #1 regarding "Final config.plist"

Also, the guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or AptioMemoryFix.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

And finally, the guide recommends the latest RehabMan Clover build, not sourceforge Clover (I'm not testing sourceforge Clover).

Why is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed?

And finally, the guide recommends the latest RehabMan Clover build, not sourceforge Clover (I'm not testing sourceforge Clover).

Thank you! I rebuild the USB install key with RehabMan Clover build and copy required driver. The audio device is enabled! Since I use HDMI as my prime audio output, I only need to modify one line from 'Disabled' to 'Enabled'

<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x16060002 0x16060002 0x16160002 0x16260002 0x16220002 0x162b0002 0x162b0004 0x16260004 0x16220007 0x162b0008 0x16260008</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>

The config.plist works on my NUC5i7RYH.

One issue been found (not sure if this is my problem):
-> The voice input by bluetooth mic is not working. Have you tested at you end already?

Last edited:
One issue been found (not sure if this is my problem):
-> The voice input by bluetooth mic is not working. Have you tested at you end already?

Intel BT is not well supported (you might have better luck with a Broadcom USB BT unit).
I don't use BT audio hardware.

Hello Rehabman, I followed all your steps and ethernet remains broken. I am curious if you could provide any more insight.

1. I have switched the ethernet cable.

2. I've successfully installed High Sierra following your guide.

3. After following the guide and installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext, internet did not work.

4. So I ran Multibeast an tried to install IntelMausiEthernet.kext from that installation.

5. I manually erased the ethernet kexts and manually reinstalled IntelMausiEthernet.kext with Kextbeast from Tonymacx86's downloads page.

6. Still no luck. Internet preferences shows ethernet is disconnected.

I am very disillusioned because this appeared to be the last obstacle to using my Hackintosh. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Hello Rehabman, I followed all your steps and ethernet remains broken. I am curious if you could provide any more insight.

1. I have switched the ethernet cable.

2. I've successfully installed High Sierra following your guide.

3. After following the guide and installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext, internet did not work.

4. So I ran Multibeast an tried to install IntelMausiEthernet.kext from that installation.

5. I manually erased the ethernet kexts and manually reinstalled IntelMausiEthernet.kext with Kextbeast from Tonymacx86's downloads page.

6. Still no luck. Internet preferences shows ethernet is disconnected.

I am very disillusioned because this appeared to be the last obstacle to using my Hackintosh. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

This guide does not use Multibeast or KextBeast.

Follow post #1 as written.
If you have an issue, reply with problem reporting files as per post #1...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan!

I tried installing Sierra on a NUC5i3MYHE but the computer freezes with a line full of +++++++++++++++++++++ in verbose mode.
I thought I followed your instructions line by line but I certainly made a mistake somewhere...
Could you please help me? Thanks a lot!

Seb

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
Hi RehabMan!

I tried installing Sierra on a NUC5i3MYHE but the computer freezes with a line full of +++++++++++++++++++++ in verbose mode.
I thought I followed your instructions line by line but I certainly made a mistake somewhere...
Could you please help me? Thanks a lot!

Seb

Remove SSDT-USB.aml and SSDT-LPC.aml. They are not recommended by this guide.
Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It is not recommended in this guide.
Remove USBInjectAll.kext.

Check BIOS settings to insure they are as per post #1.
Try all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.

You may want to try AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Also, use latest RehabMan Clover build, as that is what is suggested in the guide.

Thank you for your help RehabMan.
My apologies I actually got a Haswell NUC... Sorry and thanks again,

Seb

Thank you for your help RehabMan.
My apologies I actually got a Haswell NUC... Sorry and thanks again,

Seb

Your profile indicates Broadwell NUC (NUC5 is Broadwell).

worked with OSX 10.13.3 by following the instruction step by step. It's a very good tutorial if anyone want to work it with NUC5. Just happened recently that the system notices me to update to OSX 10.13.4 by 'App Store'. So I click the installation and rebooting my NUC5. After booted up, the sound device become a bit wired. The sound device issue can be resolved by reboot the system again. However, when I check the version of the system. It still stay in 10.13.3!

Does anyone upgrade 10.13.4 successfully? Is there anything I should aware before I upgrade 10.13.4 on current 10.13.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back