Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help me please? I have the same hardware in my HP Pavilion 15b100. Failed to reach the installer. I managed to put together the installer and boot but does not pass the white apple.
I followed the tutorial completely.
Did you try booting verbose to see if there are any errors?

What would constitute necessity for patches in my ACPI tables.... from what I have gathered on your guides and threads is that these patches are essential for power management and proper device configuration.

Battery Status
PNLF
GFX0 -> IGPU
LPC
HECI -> IMEI (simple rename of the device)
SSDT for native CPU PM

And those are the only patches that you see in my tables. I mean all those are "needed" as far as I know.

The patches known to me that are also available which are not implemented are

_PRW
OS Check Fix
_WAK

According to just my DSDT table, there are only nine instances of the String "Windows"... and those nine instances are just part of comparing the nine different Windows versions in one particular Method _INI. I don't know if that would be causing my WindowServer issue.... Also Windows 2012 is the recommended String to replace Darwin with? Cause my machine (Windows 10 based) has up to Windows 2015
Could you supply me your display override file if you have the QHD version ? I created my own and HiDPI options appear but 1368x768 is missing even if I hold down alt. What SMBIOS are you using?

Common patches are listed in the guide.

I decided to give this issue a break, because this was flooding this thread. However, I applied all the "common patches"

All the following recommended patches in my ACPI tables are applied

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix Win 8"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Add IMEI"
"USB _PRW 0x0D"
"Battery Status"
"PNLF"
"Skylake LPC"

But however, the same issue persisted.

Maybe this issue has something to do with EDID? I am booting from Clover with 1920x1080 and then on second stage the resolution (when it does boot) switches to 1366x768 (HiDPI). Don't think this matters, but the resolution does not appear in SysPrefs. I also was told that this could also be a driver bug.

Could you supply me your display override file if you have the QHD version ? I created my own and HiDPI options appear but 1368x768 is missing even if I hold down alt. What SMBIOS are you using?

I attached my display overrides file in the attachment. Note: not all HiDPI resolutions will appear in System Preferences. 1366x768 (HiDPI) does not appear in System Preferences for me, so I had to use RDM.app to achieve the desired resolution.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I decided to give this issue a break, because this was flooding this thread. However, I applied all the "common patches"

All the following recommended patches in my ACPI tables are applied

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix Win 8"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"
"USB _PRW 0x0D"
"Battery Status"
"PNLF"
"Skylake LPC"

But however, the same issue persisted.

Maybe this issue has something to do with EDID? I am booting from Clover with 1920x1080 and then on second stage the resolution (when it does boot) switches to 1366x768 (HiDPI). Don't think this matters, but the resolution does not appear in SysPrefs. I also was told that this could also be a driver bug.

It could also have to do with ig-platform-id.

It could also have to do with ig-platform-id.

I also tried updating to the 10.10.6 beta and this issue seemed to persist.

As far as ig-platform-id goes I wish it was, I've tried the only other ig-platform-id that corresponds to my GPU 0x19160002 and it didn't solve the issue.

Any more information that I can provide to you? Everything else is working on my machine just this one problem.

I also tried updating to the 10.10.6 beta and this issue seemed to persist.

As far as ig-platform-id goes I wish it was, I've tried the only other ig-platform-id that corresponds to my GPU 0x19160002 and it didn't solve the issue.

Any more information that I can provide to you? Everything else is working on my machine just this one problem.

There are other ig-platform-id values you could try.

There are other ig-platform-id values you could try.

So, update to this situation. I ordered this machine from Newegg Refurbished much cheaper than the original price and it was supposed to come with a QHD resolution (Model no. HP Spectre x360 4193-dx GOLD). I found that it did not come with a QHD 2560x1440 resolution but rather a standard FHD 1920x1080 resolution. My speculation is that there must've been an error that occurred during the refurbishing process. I contacted Newegg and found the serial number and product number matched and somehow was registered under the exact model number that my machine was originally thought to be purchased as (thus a QHD display). This (could have) explained my original issues with the WindowServer not arriving maybe? Not at all sure but since they did not provide a machine that was advertised I sent out the machine to be RMA processed. I most likely will purchase the Dell XPS 13 Skylake 9350 so that I can go into my freshman year at Texas A&M university with a properly built machine. Thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread and the many projects around the whole OSX86 scene behind getting OS X working. The help is well appreciated on my end.

Did anyone ever get sleep working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back