Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing them is not needed. You can simply change them... It is done in my "USB _PRW" patches as described in "instant wake" in the ACPI patching guide.

Unfortunately, in my case neither of the 4 patches worked.

Unfortunately, in my case neither of the 4 patches worked.

You must have done it incorrectly.

And you should not be applying "4 patches" anyway. You should apply only the one patch that is applicable to your hardware and DSDT code.

Here are the files that you request for debugging anything...
AppleLPC loads, so does AppleACPIPlatform but I included the output from both kexts just for extra information that you were looking for. I don't use AppleHDA (right now that is) and since I have a Skylake machine, xcpm is used (thus, AppleHDA and AICPM are redundant cause they're not supposed to load)

I wanted to ask what the recommended solution for shutdown is because my machine doesn't shutdown or restart correctly. It just stays on idling after the display shuts off. I haven't checked if the Shutdown fix via Clover is similar to the one on your github, but that's the one I've tried and it doesn't work.

But so far, the PNLF patch via Clover seems to be enough to get brightness control, and other patches are included such as IGPU rename patch, Skylake LPC, HECI to IMEI, and the battery status patch as well.

Everything works, but I haven't tested power management yet through AppleIntelInfo.kext because it kernel panics on my machine.

Included is the output from my IORegistry and kextstat, my EFI folder, and the original/patched ACPI tables in /CLOVER/ACPI

Resolution 1366x768 (HiDPI) is a nice fit for my machine so I included the override in /System/Library/Displays/Resources/Overrides

Thanks RehabMan!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
Here are the files that you request for debugging anything...
AppleLPC loads, so does AppleACPIPlatform but I included the output from both kexts just for extra information that you were looking for. I don't use AppleHDA (right now that is) and since I have a Skylake machine, xcpm is used (thus, AppleHDA and AICPM are redundant cause they're not supposed to load)

I wanted to ask what the recommended solution for shutdown is because my machine doesn't shutdown or restart correctly. It just stays on idling after the display shuts off. I haven't checked if the Shutdown fix via Clover is similar to the one on your github, but that's the one I've tried and it doesn't work.

But so far, the PNLF patch via Clover seems to be enough to get brightness control, and other patches are included such as IGPU rename patch, Skylake LPC, HECI to IMEI, and the battery status patch as well.

Everything works, but I haven't tested power management yet through AppleIntelInfo.kext because it kernel panics on my machine.

Included is the output from my IORegistry and kextstat, my EFI folder, and the original/patched ACPI tables in /CLOVER/ACPI

Resolution 1366x768 (HiDPI) is a nice fit for my machine so I included the override in /System/Library/Displays/Resources/Overrides

Thanks RehabMan!

ACPI is not patched correctly...

Problems:
- dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched... the guide is very clear regarding dynamic SSDTs.
- lack of SortedOrder to specify SSDT order
- DSDT "Fixes" in config.plist a bad idea along with patched ACPI (do one or the other)

MacBookPro11,1 generally better than MacBookPro11,2.

I didn't look at anything else.

Fair enough, I made the changes that you addressed. I wasn't aware of the new SortedOrder feature in Clover and I was going to make a final DSDT with all patches without using Clover to do so... But this hasn't addressed the inability for the machine to shutdown/restart correctly... which DSDT patch(es) would I need? Shutdown fix via Clover didn't work... doesn't seem like it differs from the patch in your repository. I'm aware that I need to perform the patches myself but I will do so in my own DSDT once I know which ones I need to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
Fair enough, I made the changes that you addressed. I wasn't aware of the new SortedOrder feature in Clover and I was going to make a final DSDT with all patches without using Clover to do so... But this hasn't addressed the inability for the machine to shutdown/restart correctly... which DSDT patch(es) would I need? Shutdown fix via Clover didn't work... doesn't seem like it differs from the patch in your repository. I'm aware that I need to perform the patches myself but I will do so in my own DSDT once I know which ones I need to solve this issue.

Thanks!

It is not valid to use ACPI files from another computer.

I am not using ACPI tables from another machine?

ACPI tables are from this machine for sure... There was a BIOS update that I applied before but I did perform another dump after that and patch the tables :////. I know you deal with a lot of incompetent people on this forum but I assure you that I'm not THAT incompetent...

Oh... In that post I was referring to the fact that I was using clover's DSDT patches (such as PNLF, Shutdown fix) and addressing how my method of doing things... All the patches will be implemented in my ACPI tables without Clover's auto-patching feature when I'm aware of ALL patches that I need to fix my issues lmao. I.e. I'll address that when I'm done fixing everything.

As of right now though I'm not using any Clover patches (the attachment I sent above). That had nothing to do with me not using another machines ACPI tables. Sorry for the confusion, my wording was a bit off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back