Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning,

First of all thanks to all contributors on this site for having such massive knowledge base available for free to all.

I am relatively new to the Hackintosh scene, however i am quite a lot experienced with building and running windows system.
How i recently bought a HP Spectre x360 with the following Specs.

Processor: Core i5 6300u
RAM: 8 GB
SSD: 256 SSD
Wifi: ordered the broadcom card mentioned on the thread

Now i wanted some basic guidance as to start and also is it possible to partition the existing drive and run Hackintosh along with windows.

Many Thanks Guys, Hope to hear from you.

There is dual-boot information in the main guide (post #2):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hey now with new skylake macbook pros will there be any new updates?

what's your battery life like? my processor seems to be running at max speed alot for basic tasks even after the ssdt script.

Since I saw some people having issues with installing El Capitan on their Skylake Laptop I decided to write my own guide of how I accomplished the task. This guide will get updates from time to time. Alright lets get started.

[size=+2]Laptop Model: Spectre x360[/size]

HP_Spectre_x360_review_5.JPG

Hi..

Did you ever get USB-C working?

Cheers

Hi..

Did you ever get USB-C working?

Cheers
There is no USB-C on the spectre that this guide is based upon. The newer ones do have USB-C tho. Please refer to the Sierra guide for more info btw.

First of all, thank you very much for this guide. I've got almost everything working ok, but i can't reach to fix audio, i tried with voodoo but it says: no VodooHDA devices detected. What do you recommend?

hi guys im a little new to this
i managed to get it to the install screen on inject kexts mode but it cant find my ssd
is there something im missing?
upload_2017-4-17_21-58-26.png
i have a envy m6 w103dx
intel 520 graphics i5 6200u and a crucial mx100 ssd

hi guys im a little new to this
i managed to get it to the install screen on inject kexts mode but it cant find my ssd
is there something im missing?
View attachment 249192i have a envy m6 w103dx
intel 520 graphics i5 6200u and a crucial mx100 ssd

Is your internal SSD NVMe?
If so, did you read the FAQ regarding NVMe.

And you have way too many kexts there (and overlapping/conflicting ones).

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you have NVMe, be sure to read the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back