Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the battery status patch doesn't work for me or I'm doing something wrong. I patched the DSDT file after fixing the errors but the battery status doesn't appear.

The problem you are having is probably related to the different versions of the laptop. Therefore they may have different batteries. Anyhow during my attempt of creating a battery patch for the spectre x360 i7 U6500 I found that the patch for the "HP-DV6-3165sf" was exactly the same. I tried to apply the patch and it worked for me.

In order to check if your battery behaves the same or where the your DSDT needs changes check this guide by RehabMan:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

If you are having issues feel free to ask. I will try to answer as soon as possible. :)

Thanks for your reply. The ACPIBatteryManager kext file was missing. :p Maybe you could add this hint above your dsdt patch instruction. :)
Now my spectre works very well, I think without skylake support it's very nice. Last thing I will add tomorrow is the TouchPad support. So thanks again for your tutorial and your help and of course thanks to RehabMan for supporting me. ;)

Unfortunately the battery status patch doesn't work for me or I'm doing something wrong. I patched the DSDT file after fixing the errors but the battery status doesn't appear.

Perhaps you forgot to install ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Thanks for your reply. The ACPIBatteryManager kext file was missing. :p Maybe you could add this hint above your dsdt patch instruction. :)
Now my spectre works very well, I think without skylake support it's very nice. Last thing I will add tomorrow is the TouchPad support. So thanks again for your tutorial and your help and of course thanks to RehabMan for supporting me. ;)

I am happy that you were able to install El Capitan on your laptop :). When Apple releases the Skylake-Macs and the update for their OS I will update this guide.

Now my spectre works very well, I think without skylake support it's very nice.. So thanks again for your tutorial and your help and of course thanks to RehabMan for supporting me. ;)

Thanks for the guide! Any luck getting sleep to work?
Thanks

Check the guide ;). I made some changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back