Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.13.6 High Sierra on the Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, second part of the post wasn't up fast enough.

I was reading around and I may have stumbled onto a cause of the problem for Windows, but I am not sure if it has anything to do with a hackintosh. According to lenovo forums,
Post : "Lenovo removed traditional deep sleep (ACPI S3 sleep state) in favor of a new, Microsoft-driven sleep state called Windows Modern Standby, aka Si03. See this article in linux forum: https://delta-xi.net/#056"
Wiki : " "The 6th Generation X1 Carbon supports S0i3 (also known as Windows Modern Standby), but not S3 by default. Missing S3 also causes hybrid-suspend to go directly to hibernate. Thankfully, S3 can be enabled through a BIOS option from BIOS version 1.30 onward."

Both the X1C6 and X1Y3 are plagued by the same issues. On windows, the machine goes into hybrid hibernate mode. On the hackintosh, since hibernate is disabled, and without S3 being enabled, the hackintosh is unable to sleep. This is my guess of what the problem is, and if it is true, the only real fix is to wait for an elusive BIOS update from Lenovo unless there is a way to patch the ACPI to enable S3 sleep?

I'll switch the USB connector for HS03 and HS04 from 3 to 10. Hopefully, that'll mean my USB config is correct.
[Update] Added dump.

Attachments

• debug_32163.zip
    3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I was reading around and I may have stumbled onto a cause of the problem for Windows, but I am not sure if it has anything to do with a hackintosh. According to lenovo forums,
Post : "Lenovo removed traditional deep sleep (ACPI S3 sleep state) in favor of a new, Microsoft-driven sleep state called Windows Modern Standby, aka Si03. See this article in linux forum: https://delta-xi.net/#056"
Wiki : " "The 6th Generation X1 Carbon supports S0i3 (also known as Windows Modern Standby), but not S3 by default. Missing S3 also causes hybrid-suspend to go directly to hibernate. Thankfully, S3 can be enabled through a BIOS option from BIOS version 1.30 onward."

Both the X1C6 and X1Y3 are plagued by the same issues. On windows, the machine goes into hybrid hibernate mode. On the hackintosh, since hibernate is disabled, and without S3 being enabled, the hackintosh is unable to sleep. This is my guess of what the problem is, and if it is true, the only real fix is to wait for an elusive BIOS update from Lenovo unless there is a way to patch the ACPI to enable S3 sleep?

Oh, second part of the post wasn't up fast enough.

Sounds like a BIOS update for S3 may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back