Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does reboot without problem, but it's kind of strange as I don't have anymore the Dell logo nor the Clover interface. Screen stays black for 10/15 secs, then appears the end of the apple logo and the progress bar already at mid term, and in 2 secs I'm on desktop
Did you use some kind of fake CPU ID before ? If so remove it. For audio you should only need the newest AppleALC and Lilu kexts installed properly to /L/E.

Did you use some kind of fake CPU ID before ?
Not sure what you mean here.

I will try to reinstall audio kexts, and maybe will redo the processus described to "accelerate", even though my sleep does work. Oh and an old bluetooth USB dongle I had around works as well, so I can even use a bluetooth iMac keyboard !

For audio you should only need the newest AppleALC and Lilu kexts installed properly to /L/E.
For the audio, I deleted the lilu and appleAKC from /S/L/E and from /L/E (yeah, out of despair I had tried both). Even after clean install with KextBeast only on /L/E, no success. I do get the possibility to control audio from keyboard (not anymore the "cancel sign"), but there is no sound output. If I plug headphones, it does work, but I really would love the sound to come out of the USFF... And it did work on windows before, so I doubt there is any hardware failure

For the audio, I deleted the lilu and appleAKC from /S/L/E and from /L/E
Id take some time before you start troubleshooting to make sure you can boot from the usb till clover and then point clover at the hard disk to boot OSX, that way if you make a mistake you can more easily recover.

Maybe go with the checking of the audio settings in config.plist then checking of the location and versions of files, making sure you havnt left any files you dont need. Importantly make sure you have only fakesmc in the efi partition kexts.

Hi @fjelgar, probably not the best place to ask, although they are dells, the similarity pretty much stops there. If you have done a search for your model number on this site that might give ou a clue where to best ask your questions and if you cant find any info then you might create a thread asking for opinions on the models hackintosh-ability. The route into making your own specific build can be challenging in that it can take quite a lot of research. A general google search on model number and 'hackintosh' is likely to bring up a few pages discussing it and you might get some ideas about how to do it. - EDIT:just googled it and found very little, which is not a good sign.

Last edited:
I've just completed @trs96 's rev.2 instructions for Mojave 10.14.2 on 7010 USFF i3-3225 with Crucial BX500 SSD. Display Port wired to Samsung TV.

There is no HDMI audio. With old install method, the brand of TV, Samsung, used to appear in System Preferences -> Sound -> Output tab. Only 'Internal Speakers' is listed.
Update: Fixed by using other DP socket furthest from ethernet socket.

AppleALC 1.3.4, Lilu 1.3.1, and WEG are all installed.

I do get sound from the LineOut rear socket.

I also plugged in a microphone into front socket, I noticed the Input device name changed from 'Internal Microphone' to 'Line In' which is a bit confusing (I don't know if it did this with old install method). Name stays as 'Microphone' when mic inserted into rear input socket. When I speak into the mic, the Input level bar fluctuates which suggests both front and rear mic sockets are probably working.

I'm presently using the default unibeast config.plist. I also ticked 'Inject Intel' but it made no difference.

Last edited:
in case anyone has experience with this model and could offer suggestions or point me towards a guide that works.
I don't think your problems are Dell specific. They are more connected to the poorly supported HD630 integrated graphics. Look at some of the Z370 user builds that only have HD630 (UHD630) as primary grapics. That will steer you in the right direction.

There is no HDMI audio. With old install method, the brand of TV, Samsung, used to appear in System Preferences -> Sound -> Output tab. Only 'Internal Speakers' is listed.

AppleALC, Lilu and WEG are all installed.

I do get sound from the LineOut rear socket.
Were you using older versions of AppleALC and Lilu kexts when it worked ? Or using VoodooHDA instead ?
You'll need to run the script by Black.dragon74 to gather your PR files. Remember to press F2 and F4 at the Clover boot menu screen before booting Mojave.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

False alarm. I just fixed the HDMI audio problem. I normally plug the DP cable into socket closest to the ethernet port on all my 7010/9010 out of habbit.

I just moved it to the second DP port furthest from the ethernet port, and HDMI audio is now working. I see 'Samsung' as an output device.

In answer to your question, I was also using AppleALC 1.3.4 and Lilu 1.3.1 with old install method for Mojave.

Only other anomaly I've observed is the beach ball appeared on two occasions and I couldn't do anything for 10 seconds other than move the mouse. Once when using Chrome, and other when using Finder. It may be nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back