Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and I have a quite good price on a Optiplex 3010. Do you know if they are as easy to hackintosh as 7010s ?

Oh, and I have a quite good price on a Optiplex 3010. Do you know if they are as easy to hackintosh as 7010s ?
I know that the 3010 is an older H61 chipset PC and the 7010 is a newer Q77 chipset designed for Ivy Bridge CPUs. I tried a 3010 once but could only get a legacy installer to work. That was as far as I went with it.

Last edited:
3010 looks problematic. The other machine you might find a good price on is the HP 8300 or HP 6300, they are likely to be a better choice than the 3010 for ease to get working - see trs96's guides

@N8261D attach Problem Reporting files, i will take a look at your files and i should be able to give you a fix.
Hey Sniki, here are my problem reporting files. Please note that the IOREG dump failed 3 times, so it just dumped a generic IOREG report instead. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• debug_23579.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
Hi all, new to the hackintosh community, but I got a question. Try as I might, I can’t get UEFI_(usb drive name) to appear as a boot option in the BIOS. Only NIC ip4/6.
Funnily enough I thought I’d bricked the machine, until I realised the bios update knocked out display port graphics meaning I had to use the vga ports. Many wasted hours there

One of the most likely causes of your not seeing the usb boot device is that it is not formated for uefi boot device. Seach google or this site for how to format it and try again. see note 18 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-troubleshooting-notes.235489/
Others have reported that some usb sticks cant be used for this purpose and Ive no idea why.

It is unlikely that your displayPort has stopped working. VGA is not supported on this thread or on macs, therefore should you try and install with vga, you should expect more problems and probably less help, and you should probably fix your displayport issues before hackintoshing.

Last edited:
Hi. Sorry to be asking so much. I recieved my i3 3225 today, mounted it, and as I thank, it doesn't work anymore. I figured I need to do a clean install from the start, this time with the new processor. Makes sense, I guess, as it's not anymore the same hardware.

But now, somehow, I'm blocked on the really begining of the guide. Ajusted the bios (which does recognize the new i3 3225, you were right, it's the good chipset), then did a bootable USB using Unibeast and multibeast on it.

At first, it was blocking early on, with the "cancel" sign before being able to launch mojave installation. After some research, it means that the USB is no longer found by the computer. So I reUniBeasted my USB, this time replacing the config.list by the one you recomand (you can actually replace it without clover EFIMounter just after UniBeasting, as the EFI is mounted in the process, before you unplug the USB for the first time.)

Only change I got is that now, my Clover choice of booting is on a fancyer white screen than the old black one. And when I try to boot from USB to do the installation, I still am blocked, but a bit further. On verbose mode, this is what it comes too, blocks for 20min and then turns off.

I really don't know what to do.

Thanks a lot for your help :)
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 21.34.51.jpeg

If you are using HD4000 from the CPU you may need to set Primary Display to Auto in the BIOS if it's set otherwise.
Note that you should also be using the DP output on the back panel. VGA is not supported, even if you got it to work with the HD2000 graphics previously.

primary_Display.jpg

Dont panic. There is a way of getting you working as long as you can boot from a usb stick but if you dont have anything on it then starting again is a good idea. The new process and method of installing mojave is being discussed on the end of the high sierra thread for this machine. If you willing I will help you thru that process, it has significant advantages in how the machine operates and I have an interest in learning how to follow the process too. If you are wanting to follow these (older) instructions then go back to the instructions and reset the bios and follow the whole process through and checking the details. When you first see the clover screen pause it with an arrow key and press F1 to see a menu of clover things - do - wipe the nvram- the machine will restart, go into the bios and check if 'osx' is a boot option, if it is remove it (always remove it whenever you see it), you should then be able to follow the process on thru installation.

Your so much calmer than me and probably righter

The new process and method of installing mojave is being discussed on the end of the high sierra thread for this machine.
I'm actually testing with HS first to work out the bugs and will try Mojave later on after that. I may move that whole thread to User Builds ultimately to help avoid the confusion. Either HS or Mojave should work the same with the new process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back