Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some additional info: The problem seems to go away when both the USB keyboard and mouse are unplugged. (With just one or the other plugged in, the problem still occurs.)

Examining the logs, I see the wake reason is EH02 (or EH01, depending on which USB ports are connected to the keyboard and mouse):

It seems strange to me that no one else on this thread has seen this, given I am running a stock HP8300, and all I've done is install High Sierra per the instructions in this thread.

Did you make these DSDT patches via Clover Configurator ?

upload_2018-5-9_15-38-10.png

Good morning, the first thing to say that my English is null, I have a hackintosh Hp 8300 SFF, CPU i5-3470, with 2 ssd one High Sierra 10.13.2 and Windows 10, plus 1 Hdd 1tb, nvidia GTX 1050 ti 4gb and 16 gb RAM.
I followed your guide and I thought it was wonderful, I got it right away, congratulations.
I have a question or a problem, to start well, but it took a long time to start, I spend a lot of time scanning entries, probe removing the cable sata from Windows 10 ssd and 1Tb hhd and it takes the same, change the connector port sata in case that is the reason and remains the same, I do not understand much about clover, I would appreciate your help or help.
Thank you very much.

Good morning, the first thing to say that my English is null, I have a hackintosh Hp 8300 SFF, CPU i5-3470, with 2 ssd one High Sierra 10.13.2 and Windows 10, plus 1 Hdd 1tb, nvidia GTX 1050 ti 4gb and 16 gb RAM.
I followed your guide and I thought it was wonderful, I got it right away, congratulations.
I have a question or a problem, to start well, but it took a long time to start, I spend a lot of time scanning entries, probe removing the cable sata from Windows 10 ssd and 1Tb hhd and it takes the same, change the connector port sata in case that is the reason and remains the same, I do not understand much about clover, I would appreciate your help or help.
Thank you very much.
Not sure what your question is. Is it about a multi booting problem with Clover ?

Sorry, you're right, I mispredicted, I meant the start with clover, now takes a long time to start, it takes to start more than 2 minutes.
Thank you very much

Sorry, you're right, I mispredicted, I meant the start with clover, now takes a long time to start, it takes to start more than 2 minutes.
Thank you very much
That can happen when you have High Sierra installed APFS and the other drives like Windows are also connected at boot up. I'm not certain of a solution for that other than to disconnect the Windows sata cable before boot up.

I already tried disconnecting the ssd of Windows 10 and the hdd of 1tb, remains the same.
Thank you very much, I will continue testing.

I already tried disconnecting the ssd of Windows 10 and the hdd of 1tb, remains the same.
Thank you very much, I will continue testing.
Make sure that Debug is not enabled in your config.plist.
Clover Wiki.

Thank you very much

That happened to me at one time when I used Clover Configurator to make a change in its configuration. I can't remember what change I was making, but it was something simple. After the change was saved, Clover took a very long time to load -- scanning entries, etc. I used Multibeast to reinstall Clover and it now boots quickly.

Any particular reason that the kernel would hang after installing MultiBeast options + Nvidia driver on an APFS formatted volume? It's hanging at the point below indefinitely (frozen for more than 20 minutes and then decided to power off and try again, but no luck) where it appears to be doing initializing ACPI or just completed it:
kernel_hang.png

One thing I noticed is that macOS 10.13.4 still boots from the USB installation drive Clover install, it's just the Clover on the EFI volume from the actual installation that's failing, so it would seem that there's a Clover differential causing this problem...

So I poked a bit more and replaced all the `drivers64UEFI/` and the `kexts/other/` contents with the working ones from the boot USB. This did not produce any difference. I then moved them back, restoring the new install versions back onto the installation drive's EFI volume. Then I proceeded to replace the installation drive's EFI Clover `config.plist` with the USB Clover's `config.plist`. This yielded the same result as booting with the USB and it does boot okay, except that NVIDIA drivers are not loading.

So there's obviously some kind of config issues going on with `config.plist` that are preventing the system to boot past the previous point shown in the screenshot above...

Would someone mind packing up an up-to-date EFI folder with a solid config.plist (without your serial number of course) and upload here for a sanity check?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back