Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has with 10.13.4?
Following this up I just installed 10.13.4 then installed may RX560 (was using HD4000 onboard) and it seems to work well, although I am still testing. Followed the instructions in the first post here in order to get Quicksync working. Don't have sound over DP or HDMI yet, but that might be "user error".

I bought the recommended gtx 1050 ti and it causes my computer to shut itself on and off. It gets through to clover and sometimes I will reach the macOS load screen but it never gets me in. I have to hold the button down to get it to stop looping. No problems switching back to inegrated graphics though. Power issue? I got one SSD, one hard drive, and a wifi card installed. Can't test the gpu on another computer.

Thank you @trs96 for all the work you do to help other people to build fully functioning systems.
I bought HP 8300 recently and have one question according video.
You noticed couple of times that it's not a good idea to use adapters to convert video signal, as it can lead to unexpected results.
I have old monitor DELL 2007FPb which has DVI port.
I want to buy MSI GT 1030 which doesn't have DVI, but instead has DP port.
Is DP -> DVI cable a good option in this situation?
Or it would be a better idea to buy video card with DVI port, like GTX 1050? Which I'm not sure I really need, as I'm going to use this computer mostly for iOS development.

Thank you @trs96 for all the work you do to help other people to build fully functioning systems.
I bought HP 8300 recently and have one question according video.
You noticed couple of times that it's not a good idea to use adapters to convert video signal, as it can lead to unexpected results.
I have old monitor DELL 2007FPb which has DVI port.
I want to buy MSI GT 1030 which doesn't have DVI, but instead has DP port.
Is DP -> DVI cable a good option in this situation?
Or it would be a better idea to buy video card with DVI port, like GTX 1050? Which I'm not sure I really need, as I'm going to use this computer mostly for iOS development.

The best choice for adapting DP to another connector is DP to HDMI. I haven't tried DP to DVI but I'm fairly certain it won't cause any problems if you buy a high quality adapter. Give the 1030 a try and see how it works. You've always got a 30 day return period if it doesn't meet expectations.

I've always moved the kexts to the trash as they are just audio kexts. If you want to do all of that in terminal it shouldn't create any problems.
I hate to keep asking questions but I cant find AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA kext on /System/Library/Extensions. I have spotlighted the entire drive too no kext files with these names

I hate to keep asking questions but I cant find AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA kext on /System/Library/Extensions. I have spotlighted the entire drive too no kext files with these names
Try looking in /L/E instead. It's in the video guide. If they are not there try /Clover/kexts/other folder on EFI partition.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back