Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

I tired what you suggested, however I am having the same problem. I will attach a photo. I tired 13,2 and 14,2 and I did not have any luck.
Try booting into safe mode once then reboot and see if it comes back. There is the option at the Clover boot menu. Press the space bar to see it.

I have a factory optiplex 7010 MT. I had successfully gotten hackintosh on a couple of Optiplex before. This one is giving me trouble. I am setting up the bios for my Optiplex but everytime I click EUFI no drives are listed under the tab and my computer black screen when I hit apply. Can anyone help me please. thanks

Hi
I followed the video exactly and it all worked fine untill the - boot in to catalina hd, but once it got booted, the screen is just showing black with working cursor,as shown in the attached picture,
it is a dell 7010 i5 system with intel on-board graphics. Please help !

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-21 at 07.07.49.jpeg

Last edited:
it is a dell 7010 i5 system with intel on-board graphics.
If it's a 3470 or a 3570 (Non-K) you don't have supported graphics, hence the black screen. Means you didn't fully read and understand the supporting material in the Mojave guide.

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for the reply, in the graphics injector settings in clover it says, HD Graphics 2500, so I assume that it is not supported, as mentioned in your guide in red font.
and currently trying to get a GT 710 , or are there any other recommendations or alternatives in case this card is not available, please advice and thanks again, for the reply and support..

are there any other recommendations or alternatives in case this card is not available
Which form factor do you have ? USFF, SFF, DT, MT ?

I have a factory optiplex 7010 MT. I had successfully gotten hackintosh on a couple of Optiplex before. This one is giving me trouble. I am setting up the bios for my Optiplex but everytime I click EUFI no drives are listed under the tab and my computer black screen when I hit apply. Can anyone help me please. thanks
GTX 1050 is the problem. Not supported by Catalina. Get an AMD (RX560) card (Avoid XFX brand) or a GT 710.

Which form factor do you have ? USFF, SFF, DT, MT ?
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-21 at 14.47.37.jpeg

It is Ultra Small Form Factor, I bought it for around 50 bucks in our local currency, (132.45 USD), and I think its too expensive comparing to international market prices, but we live in a small island nation where things are generally expensive due to lack of proper supply.

Also, I have a Thoshiba c50 A491 i3 laptop, tried to boot in to usb clover, it have UEFI boot option in bios, but usb not getting detected, unable to find good guides as yours for toshiba, please advice if that will be suitable.

These are some spare machines, if nothing works out then I am going to try it out on some newer lap and pc I have.

t is Ultra Small Form Factor, I bought it for around 50 bucks in our local currency
So there's no option for a graphics card in the USFF. Your picture though, looks like SFF to me. You could buy a GT 710 graphics card. Get a DDR3 version, not DDR5. Other option is to only run Windows or Linux. What do you want to do ?

Back