Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

No, it was Amazon Warehouse Deals.
I bought the MSI RX560 Aero ITX as this was the one that Apple officially has announced as being compatible with Macs.
In Windows works fine and is properly recognized.
What brand of 560 ?

I bought the MSI RX560 Aero ITX as this was the one that Apple officially has announced as being compatible with Macs and as it does not need an additional power plug.

Looks like I've found the "culprit" - it's the identifier MacMini6.2 in combination with the graphic card RX560.
If I remove the GPU, then it works fine, if I add the RX560, then it won't work with this identifier, but it works with iMac13,2 for example.

Last edited:
Trs96- I notice the Summary of Main BIOS Setting Changes on #2 it reads Advanced Boot Options - Unchecks
Enable Legacy Option ROMs was chances under General was this right? It was changed yesterday?

Last edited:
Trs96- I notice the Summary of Main BIOS Setting Changes on #2 it reads Advanced Boot Options - Unchecks
Enable Legacy Option ROMs was chances under General was this right? It was changed yesterday?
Ever since the Mojave guide came out it's always been suggested to leave that unchecked. So there haven't been any changes. I added that brief summary to this guide for those that probably won't look at the Mojave guide.

Screen Shot 21 copy.jpg

Having a hard time getting a Optiplex 7010, i7 3770, nvidia GT740 based machine working ith USB3.0. Followed the guide a couple of times but still only getting USB2.0 speeds. Any help would be awesome!

Followed the guide a couple of times but still only getting USB2.0 speeds. Any help would be awesome!
Take a look in your Clover/ACPI/Patched folder and see if it looks like this:

Screen Shot 23 copy 4.jpg

Ah! I appear to have an old copy, replaced with the ones off the 1st post and voila! Perfect, thank you :)

Back