Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator. Then click on the section for "Boot" then type in the name you gave to your hard drive for the Catalina installation where it says Default Boot Volume.

View attachment 460282

Mine always change when I generate a new one and save the changes. Maybe you aren't saving your config.plist properly. Check to make sure that all the other values you generate are being changed in "About this Mac." If not there's probably an issue with not saving the changes you make.

Thanks for the help when you mount the drive do you then have to load the config.plist from documents or from
The Clover in EFI please, in the video it doesn’t say which one to load it looks like the video edits the documents one only but I could be mistaken?.

Do you then have to load the config.plist from documents or from
The Clover in EFI ?
Always the Clover EFI version. The other one is simply a saved backup copy in case the Clover EFI config.plist gets corrupted. People usually fail to back up anything so that's why I showed that.

Always the Clover EFI version. The other one is simply a saved backup copy in case the Clover EFI config.plist gets corrupted. People usually fail to back up anything so that's why I showed that.

Thank you for that appreciated, I typed in Catalina which is the name of the drive but once again it came up with a choice of recovery (default after 4 seconds), I selected last boot and it seems to have done it, will see if it keeps selecting that drive and report back if it doesn’t. But typing the drives name didn’t alter anything at all sadly. Excellent videos though very informative and helpful. Thanks.

Dear all,

I found this awesome guide and as every step is so wonderfully described, the Optiplex 7010 seemed to be ideal new PC for me as I am not so well-versed with hackintoshs (or PCs in general).

I bought me a 7010 MT with i7-3770 and did everything as described here and it worked out fin, so Catalina is up and running with the integrated HD4000.

Then I got a bit over-eager and I decided to buy a MSI RX560 as I would like to have a better GPU, but now the system won't boot anymore into Catalina and just freezes during boot. :(
Tried with Displayport, HDMI and DVI but without any success.

Would be really awesome if someone could help me out here - I have uploaded my EFI folder, hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 86
Would be really awesome if someone could help me out here
In The BIOS under Video did you make this change: Primary Display -> AMD HD Graphics

Yes, I changed Primary Display to "ATI Radeon HD Graphics".

I've updated to the latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts but this did not help, either.
Is there anything else that I need to change?

Yes, I changed Primary Display to "ATI Radeon HD Graphics".

I've updated to the latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts but this did not help, either.
Is there anything else that I need to change?
It looks like your WEG and Lilu kexts are up to date. Don't see other problems. Is it a new or used RX560 ? Did you test it out in Windows first ? What kind of monitor are you connected to ?

I have bought it used (Amazon Warehouse), but I have Windows installed on a second ssd and it is working fine there. :(

I have bought it used (Amazon Warehouse), but I have Windows installed on a second ssd and it is working fine there. :(
Did you purchase it on Ebay ? Is it the XFX brand ?

No, it was Amazon Warehouse Deals.
In Windows works fine and is properly recognized.

Back