Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install 10.11 on Lenovo G580(20150) Laptop with Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I am enjoying my hackintosh, now I decided to look into the dsdt for enabling audio, but the maciASL compiler gives me 1 error: "11485, 6114, Result is not used, operator has no effect". How can I fix it?

Hello everyone,
I am trying to utilize my G580-20150
I managed to install Sierra 10.12.0 and some of the stuff came to life.
-I can boot the machine
-I have sound (Voodoo 2.8.8)
-USB work sometimes
-Touchpad (ELAN) is working
-I have wifi and ethernet (both Atheros)

There are many problems, which I hope to get some help with:
- AppleUSBEHCI seems to be shared between a couple of kexts.I tried to remove IOUSBFamily but it is worse without it
- I cannot get camera, hdmi and bluetooth but I suspect that these are USB related issues
- I cannot get a shutdown to work (tried with evo and with clover)
- I also don't get anything with F4. My original folder is empty

I attached zip file with few things you have previously asked. Let me know if other stuff is needed.
Thanks in advance

My Config:
Mobo: Lenovo G580-20150 (no idea which chipset)
CPU intel i5 3230 2.59Ghz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Intel HD 4000
Bios: Original

Attachments

• MyArchive.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
Hello everyone,
I am trying to utilize my G580-20150
I managed to install Sierra 10.12.0 and some of the stuff came to life.
-I can boot the machine
-I have sound (Voodoo 2.8.8)
-USB work sometimes
-Touchpad (ELAN) is working
-I have wifi and ethernet (both Atheros)

There are many problems, which I hope to get some help with:
- AppleUSBEHCI seems to be shared between a couple of kexts.I tried to remove IOUSBFamily but it is worse without it
- I cannot get camera, hdmi and bluetooth but I suspect that these are USB related issues
- I cannot get a shutdown to work (tried with evo and with clover)
- I also don't get anything with F4. My original folder is empty

I attached zip file with few things you have previously asked. Let me know if other stuff is needed.
Thanks in advance

My Config:
Mobo: Lenovo G580-20150 (no idea which chipset)
CPU intel i5 3230 2.59Ghz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Intel HD 4000
Bios: Original

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hints:
- create custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext for properly configured USB
- HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ
- bluetooth/WiFi requires compatible hardware and correct kexts and patches (read FAQ)
- ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ
- some BIOS implementations swap Fn+F4 with F4. Make sure you press both.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hints:
- create custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext for properly configured USB
- HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ
- bluetooth/WiFi requires compatible hardware and correct kexts and patches (read FAQ)
- ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ
- some BIOS implementations swap Fn+F4 with F4. Make sure you press both.

Thank you, RehabMan.
I have few questions if you do not mind:
1. About F4: I tried F4 and Fn+F4 with no result. I have a guess that I may be pressing it at the wrong time. I do it in Clover right before I hit enter to boot. Is that the right timing?
2. I found a large collection of patches. There are multiple patches for the same USB (for instance). I see three patches for the 7 series chipset. which ones do I need?
3. When I apply the patches, is it better to do it at the beginning of the file, end of the file or it does not matter?
4. Is there a quick guide to the compilation of patches?

Thank you, RehabMan.
I have few questions if you do not mind:
1. About F4: I tried F4 and Fn+F4 with no result. I have a guess that I may be pressing it at the wrong time. I do it in Clover right before I hit enter to boot. Is that the right timing?

Press at main Clover screen. You might be able to use F1, then via menu as well.

2. I found a large collection of patches. There are multiple patches for the same USB (for instance). I see three patches for the 7 series chipset. which ones do I need?
3. When I apply the patches, is it better to do it at the beginning of the file, end of the file or it does not matter?
4. Is there a quick guide to the compilation of patches?

No idea which "collection of patches" you are referring to.
Patches are used to solve specific problems.

Press at main Clover screen. You might be able to use F1, then via menu as well.

No idea which "collection of patches" you are referring to.
Patches are used to solve specific problems.
Ok, many thanks for the tips. I got practically everything working except for USB. I tried the patches from the laptop collection but they do not produce any results. I have only USB3 recognized by system. Oh, yeah, I also tried USB InjectAll and the internal clover patches.
Obviously, because of the USB: no camera, no card reader

Ok, many thanks for the tips. I got practically everything working except for USB. I tried the patches from the laptop collection but they do not produce any results. I have only USB3 recognized by system. Oh, yeah, I also tried USB InjectAll and the internal clover patches.
Obviously, because of the USB: no camera, no card reader

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files.

ok, got most of it working under 10.12.4. Now it looks like I have:
- Fully working HD 4000 with QE/CI
- Fully working USB (2 and 3) with FakePCIID approach
- Battery is working but is draining very fast (I also have indicator working)
- WIFI is working (AR9285)
- Backlight is working from system preferences
- Keyboard and touchpad are fine (touchpad is a bit weird). I need to go to latest Voodoo kext
- Camera obviously
- HDMI with FakePCIID
- Sound with Voodoo kext

All credits are to RehabMan. Whatever I found to help goes back to his work!!!!!!

Here are things where I need a bit of help:
- I tried to get backlight control on keyboard. It works but I am losing USB (partially) and WiFi. I used the patch, which is about 3/4 down the guide.
- USB2.0-CRW is not working (card reader). I tried to search on it but there is more desperation than help on the i-net.

I attached two ioreg files for the first problem. faultering... is the one with patched for backlight on keyboard DSDT. working... is the one without a patch for the keys

Attachments

• faultered_wifi_usb.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 198
  • working_wifi_usb.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back