Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install 10.11 on Lenovo G580(20150) Laptop with Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
, but I guess I messed up somewhere..

Definitely. It is clear from the files you provide, there was no attempt to follow the guide.

The guide is very clear on the content of config.plist and Clover/kexts.

Definitely. It is clear from the files you provide, there was no attempt to follow the guide.

I see what you mean, I have mixed up this guide with the one you provided.. Thanks for the support!

Ok, so I reinstalled clover on my USB and inserted the kexts from the guide, the config.plist file is the one provided for HD4000, but still I get the same errors. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
Ok, so I reinstalled clover on my USB and inserted the kexts from the guide, the config.plist file is the one provided for HD4000, but still I get the same errors. What am I doing wrong?

Boot verbose, attach photo.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Boot verbose, attach photo.
The first hang takes about 20 seconds and it indicates this:
IMG_20161016_214130.jpg

Then, it shows a lot of errors like these:
IMG_20161016_173354.jpg

And it ends with this.
IMG_20161016_214451.jpg

Looks like a normal boot. You probably would have a video signal if you plugged in an HDMI monitor.

Post #1 indicates you need config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true. Your config.plist has it set false.
Tried with EDID and Intel inject, doesnt make a difference. Hangs in the last screen for an eternity. Do I have to wait more to enter the installer?

It seems I haven't waited long enough, worked like a charm! Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back