Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][in progress] Lenovo g580 20150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry , i didnt meant to install only chimera i misspelled it. Let me makeit upto you, If you have a another computer with webcam access, ill guide you as you install.

I'm not able too this weekend as I am out of town.
I will get back on Sunday evening. I Will report back then. Thanks.

ok im back. i assume u meant to only install the dsdt option this time? i did that just now, and no luck booting at all

I was able to get sleep working by using this patched appleintelcpupower kext, if you decide to give it a try just remember to delete the nullcpu kext. I also saw a geekbench score increase of over 600 points compared to using nullcpu, I am assuming this is due to the CPU power management??

http://www.osx86.net/view/3848-appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.html

I was able to get sleep working by using this patched appleintelcpupower kext, if you decide to give it a try just remember to delete the nullcpu kext. I also saw a geekbench score increase of over 600 points compared to using nullcpu, I am assuming this is due to the CPU power management??

http://www.osx86.net/view/3848-appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.html

i will try that out. I cant right now because i guess ive reached the download limit lol.
Have you gotten your USBs to work? i still cant get mine.
I have finally managed to get most of everything to work. i for some reason had to use a lot of different boot flags ( i just got them to work with trial and error). And i guess i dont have the Elan trackpad, i actually have the Synaptics so i found the right kext for it. im ok with it, just glad i got that out of the way.

I have all of my USB working, but only with using USBBusFix flag. I've spent the last few days working with my extracted DSDT and I have a working one now, but I am trying to get rid of some kexts with it so still some testing to be done. I did compile a SSDT for my 20150, so SpeedStepping now works. So,I'll upload my SSDT and when you try the AppleIntelCpu, put the SSDT in your Extra folder and let me know how it works for you. As I mentioned I saw a good increase in my Geekbench score. I am fairly happy with it, my last GB test came back as 6139. Not to shabby for a i3.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 155
I had the same exact model as you. 20150 w the elantech pad and the atheros wifi. I got everything working except the mic (consistently) and the right usb 2.0 port. I remember I scavenged for kexts and used a combination from diff posts. What drove me nuts is not being able to use the trackpad (at one point th ekeyboard was functional just not mapped out properly). I tried the 2.7.5 and the 1.7 and both times nada when it comes to the touchpad. I will attach the DSDT I used as I think it may help you out.

I'll try and reinstall again so I can help out, I remember I had lots of probs installing so I put my drive in an external enclosure and just installed from another pc.

please note i edited the boot plist with the string attached (one in file attached is not erroneous). I can't seem to find that version....
With the DSDT provided I was able to sleep and wake the computer. The webcam was working and I had pretty much same batt life as windows 8 with nullcpupowermanagement and the DSDT (check that speedstepping was working and it was, i put p/c states in boot plist too!)

Oh and I'll try to find the bios hack that removes the whitelist, the atheros card is ok but it's only 2.4ghz and it's nice to just pop in a dell 1510 card.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 161
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    1 KB · Views: 348
  • AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    418.9 KB · Views: 163
  • VoodooBattery.kext.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 136
  • HD4000.txt
    306 bytes · Views: 285
I have all of my USB working, but only with using USBBusFix flag. I've spent the last few days working with my extracted DSDT and I have a working one now, but I am trying to get rid of some kexts with it so still some testing to be done. I did compile a SSDT for my 20150, so SpeedStepping now works. So,I'll upload my SSDT and when you try the AppleIntelCpu, put the SSDT in your Extra folder and let me know how it works for you. As I mentioned I saw a good increase in my Geekbench score. I am fairly happy with it, my last GB test came back as 6139. Not to shabby for a i3.

ok i tried those finally (been busy with school). It actually dropped my overall score by about 10. the sleep does now work, but my trackpad stops working after wake, something ill have to look into. or maybe u have more ideas while i look?

I had the same exact model as you. 20150 w the elantech pad and the atheros wifi. I got everything working except the mic (consistently) and the right usb 2.0 port. I remember I scavenged for kexts and used a combination from diff posts. What drove me nuts is not being able to use the trackpad (at one point th ekeyboard was functional just not mapped out properly). I tried the 2.7.5 and the 1.7 and both times nada when it comes to the touchpad. I will attach the DSDT I used as I think it may help you out.

I'll try and reinstall again so I can help out, I remember I had lots of probs installing so I put my drive in an external enclosure and just installed from another pc.

please note i edited the boot plist with the string attached (one in file attached is not erroneous). I can't seem to find that version....
With the DSDT provided I was able to sleep and wake the computer. The webcam was working and I had pretty much same batt life as windows 8 with nullcpupowermanagement and the DSDT (check that speedstepping was working and it was, i put p/c states in boot plist too!)

Oh and I'll try to find the bios hack that removes the whitelist, the atheros card is ok but it's only 2.4ghz and it's nice to just pop in a dell 1510 card.

Cheers!
Did you tried with elan V2.1 for mountain lion. it works pretty neat.
And can give me some instructions on DSDT patching for brightness controls and sleep. and pls check updated post.

Cheers!

@Vcrman Good to see you over here on the thread.

I chose to use the ssdt and dropssdt in chameleon as a temporary fix. When I get back around the laptop I will give your dsdt a try and see if it makes any difference. With the dsdt I am using and the patched appleintelcpupower kext, sleep and wake work perfectly fine for me. I'm personally not a fan of the trackpad so I can't comment on it not working when waking from sleep since I no longer have it installed.

Would everyone mind posting their geekbench score? I'm just curious to see which method is heading in the best direction and maybe we can concentrate our efforts on one method. My latest geekbench score was 6123 using 64 bit geekbench. When I use msrdumper I see P states of 12, 22, and 25. Which I believe should be correct for the 3120m.

@VCRMAN I have the right USB port working. I have to use USBBusFix=Yes in my chameleon plist, but i can upload the kexts that I am using when I get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back