Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][in progress] Lenovo g580 20150

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the late response, i was busy with work for a couple days.
OK, i have reinstalled mac osx 10.8 and used -v USBLegacyOff=Yes. I installed only chimera from multibeast. when i restart, i get the Boot errors, which is fine as ive seen that before, so i used the method that you posted to get rid of it. Now booting without unibeast, it gives me another error that ive never seen before, ill post this picture here.
View attachment 60300

Lol its not error. U need to press Enter after entering boot args iover there . it looks like a error screen as there is no theme for the bootloader.

Lol its not error. U need to press Enter after entering boot args iover there . it looks like a error screen as there is no theme for the bootloader.

lol wow i didnt notice, ok i enter the same args, and nothing
IMG_20130701_164535.jpg

i have also tried the arguments that was provided in the first post just to see if that would work, but none of these worked.

Might you be able to post your dsdt? And maybe some of thekext you've used as well? Mine has the i3 3120m as well but can't get it to work

Will do. I'm on the road for work, so it will probably be Thursday before I am back in town and in front of the g580. So, once I'm back home I will. Let me mention this, I've noticed one issue with mine, sometimes when it boots up I can put a flash drive in and it will pick it right up, the next time I boot up it may not. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

lol wow i didnt notice, ok i enter the same args, and nothing
View attachment 60358

i have also tried the arguments that was provided in the first post just to see if that would work, but none of these worked.

You are not following my guide properly. I never said to select anything under bootloader. i told you to select userdsdt option in multibeat.

Read the entire guide again and follow it.

I am sorry for the confusion. the last pic i posted was from the other method you suggested i try, in this quote below you said to only install chimera boot loader and nothing else, and then check if i can boot, but i cant boot after trying it

i did tried the procedure in your first post when this thread was first started, where i did the user dsdt and no bootloader. and then after that didnt work i thought you wanted me to try the other guide you posted that i quoted here below.

some laptops have diff hardware eventhough they have same model numbers.

let me guide u step by step.

1)im guessing that ur able to make it to the installation screen using "-v USBLegacyOff=Yes", if you are, then complete the installation.

2)After the installation use Unibeast to boot the harddrive, 90% chances are you will be able to boot using -v USBLegacyOff=Yes again.

3)Once you are completed to setup steps,ull be presented with OSX desktop. that means basic operating system is installed.

4)Now using multibeast just install the chimera boot loader, nothing else. then try to boot without using unibeast.

Let me know if you are able to boot, if yes then ill give u remaining steps. If now post the procedure you followed and the problems you are facing.

How is the touchpad working out for you?

I am sorry for the confusion. the last pic i posted was from the other method you suggested i try, in this quote below you said to only install chimera boot loader and nothing else, and then check if i can boot, but i cant boot after trying it

i did tried the procedure in your first post when this thread was first started, where i did the user dsdt and no bootloader. and then after that didnt work i thought you wanted me to try the other guide you posted that i quoted here below.

Im sorry , i didnt meant to install only chimera i misspelled it. Let me makeit upto you, If you have a another computer with webcam access, ill guide you as you install.

Do you have Elan or synaptics? i have elan so i use the kext which is attached to main post.

I have the Elan myself as well. IMO its the better of the 2. I had a G580 with the synaptics touchpad and it was horrible. I ended up returning it. I was more curious as to if you had any issues with it or if it functioned completely as a MBP touchpad would.

I have the Elan myself as well. IMO its the better of the 2. I had a G580 with the synaptics touchpad and it was horrible. I ended up returning it. I was more curious as to if you had any issues with it or if it functioned completely as a MBP touchpad would.

i tried kexts from here http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/, 2.7.5, and 2.6 are not working properly for me so im using 2.1 ML final . Try these one of them gonna work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back