Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] iMac19,1 / iMacPro1,1 i3-9100 RX-580 and DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many USB config entries. You only need USBPorts.kext.

You can and should remove the following if the USBPorts.kext is correct.

SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-UIAC-Designare…v8.aml

Use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option from the OC boot screen when you reboot the system after removing the two SSDT‘s and the config.plist entries.

T
Too many USB config entries. You only need USBPorts.kext.

You can and should remove the following if the USBPorts.kext is correct.

SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-UIAC-Designare…v8.aml

Use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option from the OC boot screen when you reboot the system after removing the two SSDT‘s and the config.plist entries.
Thx but isnt SSDT-UIAC.aml needed for my Thunderbolt titan ridge card to work?

T

SSDT-UIAC.aml does nothing without USBInjectAll.kext......

@LekerHack
shikivga=6 in boot args made any difference?

@Feartech
I think that SSDT-UIAC was also a product next to USBPorts.kext, to use one or another when mapping USB ports from Hackintool.

@Feartech
I think that SSDT-UIAC was also a product next to USBPorts.kext, to use one or another when mapping USB ports from Hackintool.
no, SSDT-UIAC is designed to work alongside USBInjectAll.kext

No, the SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml is the Thunderbolt ACPI table . This SSDT should be set to work with your Thunderbolt device, including any USB ports attached to the card. I can only assume this is set correctly for your Titan Ridge TB add-on card/device.

As it states the TB add-on card is installed in Slot-4, can I take this to mean it is installed in the middle PCIe x8 slot?

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 15.09.19.png Motherboard layout, Slot-4 hightlighted

The DeviceProperties for your Intel Ethernet controller are a mess.
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 15.03.15.png

AAPL,slot-name should not be set with the string 'Built-in'
device_type, model and name entries are all the same, you only need one of the three - Model. You should remove the other three entries.

For the Ethernet controller to be defined as built-in you need to use the following.
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 15.16.24.png

Your Audio device is in the same boat as your Ethernet controller. Your current settings are duplicating elements and you have the AAPL,slot-name incorrectly configured.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 15.17.25.png

This is what you should be using.
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 15.19.31.png

IF you want to add the AAPL,slot-name for the Ethernet and Audio devices that is fine, just make sure you use the correct entries. Which can be obtained from Hackintool's PCIe tab, using the Export function.

You should if following the Dortania Coffee Lake Desktop guide have the following entries set as True/Enabled.
  1. Misc > Debug > AppleDebug
  2. Misc > Debug > ApplePanic
  3. Misc > Debug > WatchDog
As you are using a CFL IGPU with an empty Framebuffer, and an RX580 dGPU I don't understand why you have these two boot args in your setup.
  • swd_panic=1
  • forceRenderStandby=0
Neither of these are required for a UHD630 or RX580 in macOS.

You should also remove the keepsyms=1 boot argument. Without -v and debug=0x100 it does little but slow down the boot time when used on its own.

The rest of the config.plist looks OK for a CFL system.

The config.plist attached below has been edited to reflect the changes listed above. You should try this config.plist and see if it helps.

Obviously you need to add your Serial Number etc. back in the config before using it.

Attachments

• config_noserial_lekerhack_v2.plist.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 22
No, the SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml is the Thunderbolt ACPI table . This SSDT should be set to work with your Thunderbolt device, including any USB ports attached to the card. I can only assume this is set correctly for your Titan Ridge TB add-on card/device.

As it states the TB add-on card is installed in Slot-4, can I take this to mean it is installed in the middle PCIe x8 slot?

View attachment 562967 Motherboard layout, Slot-4 hightlighted

The DeviceProperties for your Intel Ethernet controller are a mess.
View attachment 562971

AAPL,slot-name should not be set with the string 'Built-in'
device_type, model and name entries are all the same, you only need one of the three - Model. You should remove the other three entries.

For the Ethernet controller to be defined as built-in you need to use the following.
View attachment 562973

Your Audio device is in the same boat as your Ethernet controller. Your current settings are duplicating elements and you have the AAPL,slot-name incorrectly configured.

View attachment 562974

This is what you should be using.
View attachment 562975

IF you want to add the AAPL,slot-name for the Ethernet and Audio devices that is fine, just make sure you use the correct entries. Which can be obtained from Hackintool's PCIe tab, using the Export function.

You should if following the Dortania Coffee Lake Desktop guide have the following entries set as True/Enabled.
  1. Misc > Debug > AppleDebug
  2. Misc > Debug > ApplePanic
  3. Misc > Debug > WatchDog
As you are using a CFL IGPU with an empty Framebuffer, and an RX580 dGPU I don't understand why you have these two boot args in your setup.
  • swd_panic=1
  • forceRenderStandby=0
Neither of these are required for a UHD630 or RX580 in macOS.

You should also remove the keepsyms=1 boot argument. Without -v and debug=0x100 it does little but slow down the boot time when used on its own.

The rest of the config.plist looks OK for a CFL system.

The config.plist attached below has been edited to reflect the changes listed above. You should try this config.plist and see if it helps.

Obviously you need to add your Serial Number etc. back in the config before using it.

Will run tru this thanks alot @Edhawk
The RX580 is in The PCIEX16 and ritan ridge is in PCIEX4

i mainly used this guide from dalisoft on the First install. With a alittle help from @CaseySJ .

The Thunderbolt worked fine on previously install (High Sierra)
Just need to solve it here in Ventura ‍☺️
Gonna try your edited version

Attachments

• C2C0897C-23D5-4863-83B7-12A1A66D412F.jpeg
    C2C0897C-23D5-4863-83B7-12A1A66D412F.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 19
  • BF52E99E-A03B-4ADA-A3D7-5352C1A73531.jpeg
    BF52E99E-A03B-4ADA-A3D7-5352C1A73531.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 9678DC6B-B3B9-45C1-A34C-EB1BACDCA5DB.jpeg
    9678DC6B-B3B9-45C1-A34C-EB1BACDCA5DB.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
@Edhawk after I finally could enable internal graphic in BIOS. It worked..
I use your version of the config.file

Regarding the thunderbolt.. It's set like this. see picture in link
I think I will try do a Win install on another drive and see if I can firmware update the Titan Ridge card. maybe it will help.. I used the SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml last time and haven't moved hardware since last install.

Will try the windows update method and see if it helps.

:cool:

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-02-04 kl. 11.03.25.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-02-04 kl. 11.03.25.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 31
Good to hear the config.plist worked.

The Thunderbolt cables are connected correctly, and the card is in the bottom PCIe x4 slot. However, that is not the same as the card being installed in 'Slot-4'.

Is the USB header port that the TB card uses set up/active in the USBPorts.kext?

Good to hear the config.plist worked.

The Thunderbolt cables are connected correctly, and the card is in the bottom PCIe x4 slot. However, that is not the same as the card being installed in 'Slot-4'.

Is the USB header port that the TB card uses set up/active in the USBPorts.kext?
Im sorry @Edhawk how would I change that ? in the USBPorst.kext?
HeaderJ -> THC_C
USB Connector -> F_USB1

Skærmbillede 2023-02-05 kl. 11.34.28.png
Skærmbillede 2023-02-05 kl. 11.32.57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back