Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] iMac19,1 / iMacPro1,1 i3-9100 RX-580 and DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used your folder and I get the attached error. I'll keep tweaking around with it, I'm not sure if its the EFI or an issue with the USB installer itself? I'm trying to create a Big Sur usb on Catalina, not sure if that's any issue either. I'll try updating to Big Sur with Clover first and see if that helps.

IMG_0060.jpeg

Got it working using your files! Once I did a clean install of Big Sur, I just added Realtek and the Intel Wifi/Bluetooth kexts.

The audio isn't working even thought I have the AppleALC kext. Did you have to change anything in the config file for it to work?

Got it working using your files! Once I did a clean install of Big Sur, I just added Realtek and the Intel Wifi/Bluetooth kexts.

The audio isn't working even thought I have the AppleALC kext. Did you have to change anything in the config file for it to work?
I'm glad!
For the sound: it's simple, I don't have it activated because I use a bluetooth speaker and I forgot to put it in config.plist. In this file (config.plist) look for this key:

NVRAM / 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 / boot-args
which is equivalent to the Boot / Arguments section of Clover, add this argument

alcid=1

this way if you open it with a text editor

XML:
<key> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 </key>
<dict>
<key> SystemAudioVolume </key>
<data> FA == </data>
<key> boot-args </key>
<string> -v alcid=1 </string>
<key> run-efi-updater </key>
<string> No </string>
<key> csr-active-config </key>
<data> AAAAAA == </data>
<key> prev-lang: kbd </key>
<data> </data>
</dict>

or this one if you open it with a plist editor

alcid.png

Note 1: in the example I put 1 as layout-id but I don't know if it is the one you use, you have to change it to yours if it is not 1.

Just in case I attach the config.plist file with that only modification to make it easier for you to see it, remember to change 1 if it is not the one you use.

Note 2: -v as boot-arg you already know that it is to show detailed text messages when booting, in the USB memory it is useful but, if macOS boots well from the disk, I usually remove it for aesthetics, simply delete it and leave only alcid=1.

Now it's time to learn OpenCore (OC), I know it is a change that requires effort but it is worth it, when you learn you will see that it has more functions than Clover and it works very well. Remember that OC goes by versions, the EFI you have is 0.6.4 which is the latest version, it is not beta although it is not officially released yet, the official one is 0.6.3, but remember that config.plist has to be the one for each version because changes are made to some keys and if you use config.plist from one version with OC from another version there will be errors when booting.
The best place to learn is the OC programmers on the Dortania website.

USB ports
Think that your motherboard is different, I am thinking about the USB ports which is something that has to be mapped for each motherboard specifically.
In the EFI that you have downloaded, to avoid problems, I put the UsbInjectAll kext that tries to activate all the available ports but it is an unstable situation that can work in the USB memory but not in the system of daily use.
In Clover's EFI did you have a kext called USBPorts or USBMap? What method did you use to have your motherboard ports well mapped and configured?

Mote 3: same EFI must be valid for Catalina and Big Sur.

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.3 KB · Views: 88
For clover I didn't do any specific USB workarounds, they just worked after using Multibeast! I'll tweak around here and see what's up as I had audio working on Big Sur and OC initially. Thank you for all your help! I'll let you know how it works out.

For clover I didn't do any specific USB workarounds, they just worked after using Multibeast! I'll tweak around here and see what's up as I had audio working on Big Sur and OC initially. Thank you for all your help! I'll let you know how it works out.
Ok. Try USB ports and enjoy your hackintosh.

woohoo! upgraded to 11.1 20C69 with 0.6.4 and latest Lilu, AppleALC and WEG and DRM is working fine now, on both the HDMI and DP monitors. using iMacPro1,1

woohoo! upgraded to 11.1 20C69 with 0.6.4 and latest Lilu, AppleALC and WEG and DRM is working fine now, on both the HDMI and DP monitors. using iMacPro1,1
:thumbup:

I've just changed to an iMacPro1,1 since it gives better OpenCL scores than iMac19,2
The one thing I've yet to get with the iMacPro1,1 is working hardware acceleration.

Have you got this working in your config?
And obviously, if yes, then what was you process and Opencore config entries (if any)

Hope for your help here
Thanks
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back