Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I cant seem to get the cpu to drop below 1300mhz I only have 3 steping modes.

Im using rehabmans uefi hotpatch all working perfect apart from the cpu issue

Using HP Elitebook 840 G3 i5, 10.15.7

any ideas?

Thanks
May be try ssdtPRGen?

Apparently, Clover bootloader v5.0 r5123 and above supports Big Sur. Has anyone tried upgrading to the latest Clover, then installing Big Sur on ProBook 4540s?
You need to follow a special guide to update Clover to 5123 and above. You have to update your config.plist with new OpenCore quirks depending on your system and hardware. It's a pain in the a** but mandatory if you want to use any Clover version above 5122. Here's the guide that I followed: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...atibility-using-openruntime-and-quirks-v5123/

Using the built in trackpad my system is freezing/crashing with VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Mojave/Catalina on EliteBook 820 G4. If I try to update the kext to the latest version the Trackpad and buttons stop working altogether. I've attached problem reporting files if anyone can help.

Attachments

• debug_21227.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Ok. Good luck. Wait for result ))

Hi @St1g,
First, sorry for this long silence, I've been buried under work and other things to sort out.

So I tried your EFI and it seems to work fine, but only through an external HDMI monitor...
As for the internal screen, it only displays some weird lines and glows!

ProBook 4540s.jpg

Any idea what settings I should change in the config.plist?
Thank You.

As a reminder, this is with an HP ProBook 4540s with a low-res screen.

Last edited:
Hi @St1g,
First, sorry for this long silence, I've been buried under work and other things to sort out.

So I tried your EFI and it seems to work fine, but only through an external HDMI monitor...
As for the internal screen, it only displays some weird lines and glows!

View attachment 512742

Any idea what settings I should change in the config.plist?
Thank You.

As a reminder, this is with an HP ProBook 4540s with a low-res screen.
No. Thats for hi-res
You need for low-res. Right?

Greetings Seeing there is some 202 pages and trying to find an answer is looking through needle in a haystack.
My problem is expedient nature to correct just to let you know.

System Spec

HP Probook 450 G2
Intel CPU: Core i5 5200U Broadwell-U
Intel GPU: HD 5500 Broadwell-U
Realtek Audio: ALC282
Atheros WLAN mini ePCI card: 9280 w/5Ghz no bluetooth
Realek LAN: RTL8111

Clover: Rehabmans suggested one 4071

Installed Rehabmans Project/probook.git

followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

and this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

New to Hackintosh and ran into no Console after removing all the kexts from the Rehabman's Project for these laptops and not any kexts from the system-- placed in /Library/Extensions --**(there apparently was no warning if doing so would create this no boot situation)--

**(Reason for removing them is duplication as majority of these are in EFI partition as doubles except a few that is not related to my system and others that was not mentioned in the project Rehabman had created. Although my system does have a few issues which I was not yet able to find answers for to correct the problems.)**

and ran these two commands:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -u

got the linked profiles then rebooted

Upon new boot session the following happened:

RSA's and GTK on screen in verbose mode as I run verbose mode.

Was not able to get into the console like normal. Instead I got a black screen.

Methods tried. Safe mode from Clover, single user mode from Clover, no kexts injections, all different methods with no luck getting into console, just black screen.

After removing Rehabman's project kexts from /Library/Extensions and run the permissions touch and kextcache has caused this black in screen mojave.

I would appreciate all and any remedies.

Thank you kindly

In great desperation.

Last edited:
Greetings Seeing there is some 202 pages and trying to find an answer is looking through needle in a haystack.
My problem is expedient nature to correct just to let you know.

System Spec

HP Probook 450 G2
Intel CPU: Core i5 5200U Broadwell-U
Intel GPU: HD 5500 Broadwell-U
Realtek Audio: ALC282
Atheros WLAN mini ePCI card: 9280 w/5Ghz no bluetooth
Realek LAN: RTL8111

Clover: Rehabmans suggested one 4071

Installed Rehabmans Project/probook.git

followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

and this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

New to Hackintosh and ran into no Console after removing all the kexts from the Rehabman's Project for these laptops and not any kexts from the system-- placed in /Library/Extensions --**(there apparently was no warning if doing so would create this no boot situation)--

**(Reason for removing them is duplication as majority of these are in EFI partition as doubles except a few that is not related to my system and others that was not mentioned in the project Rehabman had created. Although my system does have a few issues which I was not yet able to find answers for to correct the problems.)**

and ran these two commands:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -u

got the linked profiles then rebooted

Upon new boot session the following happened:

RSA's and GTK on screen in verbose mode as I run verbose mode.

Was not able to get into the console like normal. Instead I got a black screen.

Methods tried. Safe mode from Clover, single user mode from Clover, no kexts injections, all different methods with no luck getting into console, just black screen.

After removing Rehabman's project kexts from /Library/Extensions and run the permissions touch and kextcache has caused this black in screen mojave.

I would appreciate all and any remedies.

Thank you kindly

In great desperation.
In my experience having run a ProBook and several EliteBooks G2, G3 and G4 with this Clover guide you should NOT under any circumstances REMOVE kexts from your EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder. Kexts are necessary in BOTH places: EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions. Rehabman's script actually places duplicate kexts in both locations on purpose. If you follow his guide to the letter you should be alright. It's when you start experimenting and you don't know what you're doing (I myself am guilty as charged of said offense) that things can go wrong. You may need to reinstall macOS Mojave from scratch and follow the guide to get your system up and running again. Do you have another Mac laptop or a bootable external hard drive you can plug in and restore the kexts to your EFI partition? If you can somehow get back into the system all you'll need to do is run the Rehabman scripts again and it will restore all kexts and necessary files to their proper locations. Going forward I recommend keeping a bootable clone of your system on an external hard drive for situations exactly like the one you're in now. That way if your system breaks you can boot from the backup to get in diagnose and correct the issues.:) My backups have saved me on countless occasions so I highly recommend having at least one. Use Carbon Copy Cloner to create bootable backups. Btw welcome to Hackintosh!

Last edited:
Hey thanks Ibizalove, how are things with your setup? having quite a few installs is quite exhilarating to work on.

Having unlinked the kexts in both locations caused the security breach it seems. Could not get back into console. Hung after ioconsoleusers and constant RSA GTK screen mumbo. I tried everything to get in but on my USB's running the pre-installer was not full and complete as was my hardrive. I tried reinstalling mojave and that would not bring me into console not wiping the drive as the linked files in /Library/Extensions were not over written and made new. I think I needed to install from commandline but forgot how as it's been quite a few years, and I was running sierra on my Asus for the duration.

Finally Had to do complete install wiping drive. interesting to know this. I've never encountered this before removing kexts in /Library/Extensions would cause such a thing. I read in one of the posts on "how to remove Rehabman's install". So How do I successfully remove Rehabman's install? I am not aware of a uninstall script. This is quite a problem if I am to upgrade to another version of clover? and Opencore to successfully run.

His version is 4701. What version is successful to use? Still on 4701 Clover version.

Opencore.
I just installed Opencore 6.7 while running Rehabman's install successfully on a USB first with a few exceptions:

No Audio
No Battery
No PNLF

I had installed and run Opencore before on a Asus Laptop but that died and took and placed the SSD drive into the HP Probook 450 G2 running Sierra on it. Then upgraded to High Sierra, then to Mojave but had encountered problems. So I found Rehabman's Project which works perfectly and added a few things in config.plist to make my PNLF, Battery and Audio work. It works just like a regular Mac and actually takes a good nap unlike my Asus which I could not get it to nap and wake up.

I have two complete separate systems: HP bs289wm windows about a year and half old
and it seems incompatible to install and run Macos on this as the video is UHD605.

Then I just received two weeks ago from a neighbor this HP Probook 450 G2 about 6 years old. On this G2 the battery is completely out of juice, wont' charge.

Last edited:
Using the built in trackpad my system is freezing/crashing with VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Mojave/Catalina on EliteBook 820 G4. If I try to update the kext to the latest version the Trackpad and buttons stop working altogether. I've attached problem reporting files if anyone can help.
Ibiza

Who's Voodoo are you using? RehabMan or Acid?

UPDATE: I just updated to Catalina and on boot using Rehabman's Voodoo the bootup process investigates
the kext for it looks like compatibility, security? About a few seconds. Don't know if this is good or bad at the moment as I disable trackpads.

Screenshot of Voodoo Rehabman's hack that is in Projects

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.39.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.39.15 PM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back