Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally finished my OpenCore setup for HP Probook 450 G5
Removed almost everything from the original rehabman's guide, and now I can confirm that everything is working almost perfect. Also, updated to Big Sur with no problem

View attachment 497360

Hi Hawk
I have HP 450 G2 running Mojave at the moment, and Rehabman's 4701 Clover boot config.
I just got this to work about a week ago.
I wanted to upgrade to Catalina first before going to Big Sur.

I tried once to remove all of Rehabman's install but failed.

Do you have a way to do this without having to do a fresh install? reason being I do not have back up for many reasons.

UPDATE: UPDATED TO Catalina 10.15.7
Everything works except the slider isn't appearing for Display in System Preferences.
I'm still using Rehabman's Project and updated to Clover 5122 by just replacing the necessary executables just like in OC.
I have PNLF

I downloaded your OC config but I cannot use it until I remove all of Rehabman's first.

I've attached my config.plist and a snapshot of my EFI contents in spread and IOREG
PNLF is in the list but no slider. The slider worked with some configuration manipulation for Mojave.
But this one eludes me at the moment. I've tried several options already

By reading up on Rehabman's backlight fix-up page.

Whatevergreen.kext is supposed to take care of all the patches. But with Rehabman's Project this is a bit of configuration hurdle. Just got it all to work! However if someone has a fix for all this and everything works, then no problem. Also SDCard works thanks to that kext posted down a few pages.

For Whatevergreen.kext to work with AppleBacklightfixup.kext from Rehabman, I had to put boot argument: applbkl=0 then the PNLF and slider appeared in Display under System Preferences along with
EDID fix in config.plist under Graphics in Mojave. Along with Battery, audio, trackpad, everything works. Sleeps like baby too. Pretty much what Rehabman has written they all work.

UPDATE: Resolved the PNLF slider issue.

Removed AppleBacklightfixup.kext from both dirs. (sudo kextcache -i / works great
Removed all ACIP patches for GFX to IGPU
Removed EDID from Graphics section
Removed AAPL, ig-platform-id Device properties --not necessary with Whatevergreen.
Removed device-id. --not necessary with Whatevergreen.
Removed anything from config.plist relating to the graphics card GFX and IGPU, graphics in general to let Whatevergreen.kext take over.
Removed SSDT-IGPU.aml

Inserted Acidanthera SSDT-PNLF.aml to run with Whatevergreen.kext. This one has GFX and Whatevergreen patches to IGPU automatically

Great stuff. Just was leary on removing. Had just gotten everything working perfectly.
Funny thing.

Thanks for the encouragement

Last edited:
On the first page manual i see the following

I have probook 450 g2 installed Mojave. With built in wifi card its not working, but with an atheros wifi card should be also not work with mojave, right?
Here is patched Atheros for Mojave and Catalina

Attachments

• Atheros Installer for 10.14 and 10.15.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 48
Here is patched Atheros for Mojave and Catalina
I read where in OC 6.7 can use the built in Intel Wifi/Bluetooth combo Mini-PCIe with three kexts and Apple Secure Boot. Seems like FileVault?

Here are the kexts any one care to indulge and get the results to post....

Attachments

• Intel W:Blue.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 41
Anybody got a fix for USB 3?
I was reading Rehabman's post about not using USBinjectall.kext as long term.

Also do not need USBX.aml is what I read?

UIAC.aml seems to work but splits to USB2 and USB3. Oneside runs 2 and the other side 3 which is not desired.

Anybody know how to correct this to where it is always USB3 on everything and downward compatible to when inserting USB2?

UIAC.aml created were, Camera and something else was on USB2.
Now without UIAC.aml but running with USBinjectall.kext and FakePCIID_Mux.kext I'm seeing USB3 for all 4 ports and Camera on USB3 speeds.

Thanks

Hi,
Struggling with my HP ProBook 4540s!
Do someone know how to disable Fast Boot option in BIOS?
Mine is greyed out so it can't be changed...

FastBoot.jpg

Hi,
Struggling with my HP ProBook 4540s!
Do someone know how to disable Fast Boot option in BIOS?
Mine is greyed out so it can't be changed...

View attachment 514873
Have you tried you BIOS updates? try each one until the grey out gone.
Also did you undo Security? So you can make changes and they stick?
you have to undo Security first then you should see this option as normal
just read the instructions carefully twice or more and don't miss any steps in BIOS
settings.

Hi Makk1, thank you for your answer...

I just installed the latest BIOS F68 from HP, but it didn't help.

Please, could you be more specific on how to undo Security?

If you mean instructions from Rehabman, unfortunately he doesn't give any specific details on how to disable Fast Boot...

Thanks again! :)

Hi Makk1, thank you for your answer...

I just installed the latest BIOS F68 from HP, but it didn't help.

Please, could you be more specific on how to undo Security?

If you mean instructions from Rehabman, unfortunately he doesn't give any specific details on how to disable Fast Boot...

Thanks again! :)
Here are some shots.
First you have to get into Security menu as show below in the first photo.
Then enter into the Menu.
Then find Fast boot and see if it is shows hidden.
If it does press enter and change to View or Change --whichever works out then-- save and go to boot options to check. --have to see which one works--
The third one you have to set the keys to User Customer from HP. undo SecureBoot,
Keep checked if not checked Clear SecureBoot Keys.
There are at least a few other screens relating to options. Some of them may have undesirable affect to the BIOS so be prepared to reflash using HP method of USB. Which is when you enter setup for The Bios flash select for other computer and this creates the USB flasher which you use. Have to perform this part in Windows computer running Windows.

Attachments

• security1.jpeg
    security1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • security2.jpg
    security2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20210411_200748.jpg
    IMG_20210411_200748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi I cant seem to get the cpu to drop below 1300mhz I only have 3 steping modes.

Im using rehabmans uefi hotpatch all working perfect apart from the cpu issue

Using HP Elitebook 840 G3 i5, 10.15.7

any ideas?

Thanks
that's where it stays bud. mine stays around there as well, it is the idle position. the cpu for mine is 2.20Ghz. it drops down to 1.29Ghz to idle. If needed turbo kicks in to over 2.20Ghz tops at 2.70Ghz, but usually you can run it over in the 3Ghz range if you keep it cool with serious cooling. Such as Iceberg. But that is another story.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.29.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.29.07 AM.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back