Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 9.49.17 AM.png

Attachments

• debug_20402.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
No ioreg attached.
And what is the specific issue you have?
After doing the post installation step it supposed everything work correctly but I just get apple logo without booting...

No ioreg attached.

I will run the debugging tool again and i'll attach the required files...

Last edited:
Your drivers64UEFI is not per guide.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, do not use the Clover feature for "switching" plists. Must use only config.plist named config.plist (the switching feature does not work correctly).

Your kexts/Other is not correct. Remove all files from it, and use download.sh and install_downloads.sh as written in post #1.

OK. So I went back and did all that, and I still have the same problem.

FWIW, in case it's helpful, I have included 2 problem report zips. debug_32722.zip contains the state of the system when fully booted from the USB using the config.plist that I used while installing, which is your config_HD4200_4400_4600.plist file. This results in a system without audio and whatever else is missing from that config.

debug_2043.zip is the state of the system when initially booting into Clover with the config_HD4200_4400_4600.plist as the main config.plist, and then going into Clover's options and "switching" to the one that is supposed to work with my system. I realize that you say not to do this, but this is currently the only way I can boot into a nearly full functioning system.

EDIT: snipped the attachments, please see updated post #70

Last edited:
No ioreg attached.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 12.07.16 PM.png

After post installation step, Stuck at apple logo and no loading line showing...

Attachments

• debug_27278.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
After doing the post installation step it supposed everything work correctly but I just get apple logo without booting...

You claim you cannot boot, yet you provided patchmatic output, which implies you *can* boot.
And if you can't boot, you must provide verbose boot photo.

Please clarify your issue and provide debug files consistent with your issue.

You claim you cannot boot, yet you provided patchmatic output, which implies you *can* boot.
And if you can't boot, you must provide verbose boot photo.

Please clarify your issue and provide debug files consistent with your issue.

Man I'm using the config.plist used in the installation media creation step to boot my system, I replace the permenant config.plist (config_4x0_G3_Skylake.plist) with the one in the installation media (config_HD515_520_530_540.plist) so I'd be able to boot, config_4x0_G3_Skylake.plist is not booting the system....

Just the apple logo even clover isn't showing the recovery partition...
IMG_20181006_215104.jpg
IMG_20181006_215118.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan,

My Zbook 15 G2 runs almost perfectly, except 1 issue:
If I put my built-in display to sleep it will not wake up (black screen, no backlight) until the first computer sleep. After that, the display sleep will work, everything else works perfect. External display doesn't have this issue.

Here's my files, thank you.

Attachments

• Zbook15G2.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 138
Your drivers64UEFI is not per guide.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, do not use the Clover feature for "switching" plists. Must use only config.plist named config.plist (the switching feature does not work correctly).

Your kexts/Other is not correct. Remove all files from it, and use download.sh and install_downloads.sh as written in post #1.

I'm re-doing this, since I discovered that I didn't have the latest BIOS update. I'm also adding a few things.

debug_12171.zip contains the state of the system booted from the config.4200_4400_4600.plist as the main config.plist only.

debug_2679.zip is the same except that I also went into Clovers boot screen Options->configs and selected the config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist. This gives me a nearly full functioning system.

I'm also including the preboot.log file that I captured while booting with the config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist as my main config.plist. This is the configuration that reboots shortly after the Apple logo initially appears.

Finally, I'm including a screenshot of verbose mode with that faulty config loaded. It goes through this a few times before finally rebooting.

Attachments

• debug_12171.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • debug_2679.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • preboot.log.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Verbose-boot.jpg
    Verbose-boot.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.