Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2). Would like to see the PCI devices as detected by Clover, but can't due to preboot.log not being captured.

Also, please use RehabMan Clover build.

apfs.efi should not be in drivers64UEFI (ApfsDriverLoader.efi does this).

It appears you have not run install_downloads.sh (as the required kexts are not in Clover/kexts/Other).
Please run through post #1 as written.

And as I mentioned earlier, config_old.plist (which is for pre-install) has an active patch for 32mb DVMT, which is not needed and config.plist does not have... as you can/should set DVMT to 64mb (as written in post #1).
Big problems if you don't set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb..., so that is something to check.

I deleted the EFI Folder and installed Rehab Clover.
So this is my EFI Folder now with preboot.log and the kexts.
Sometimes I can boot and log in now, but then it just restart.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
Man I'm using the config.plist used in the installation media creation step to boot my system, I replace the permenant config.plist (config_4x0_G3_Skylake.plist) with the one in the installation media (config_HD515_520_530_540.plist) so I'd be able to boot, config_4x0_G3_Skylake.plist is not booting the system....

Just the apple logo even clover isn't showing the recovery partition...View attachment 355804 View attachment 355805

If you can't boot, you must provide a verbose boot photo and the EFI/Clover that produces it. Also, providing the other PR data by booting with USB is also helpful (as I can see which kexts are installed).

DO NOT use plist switching in Clover.

The recovery partition is hidden. You need to press F3 to show hidden boot targets (get to know the software you're using).

I deleted the EFI Folder and installed Rehab Clover.
So this is my EFI Folder now with preboot.log and the kexts.
Sometimes I can boot and log in now, but then it just restart.

Please also boot with your USB and attach full PR files (using gen_debug.sh).
Make sure your BIOS settings are correct (64mb IGPU memory is important).

Hello! Great guide! I just upgraded to Mojave using this guide and everything is working flawlessly! The only issue is when I go to trackpad settings it only turns on bluetooth and says 'no trackpad detected', even though the built in trackpad is working and has gesture support. I did see some issues with the trackpad if you have slow boot and APFS but while I have APFS there isn't the slow boot issue. I'm also using a Samsung EVO SSD which is reported as working. Do I just need to use HFS+ or is there something else going on here?

Hello! Great guide! I just upgraded to Mojave using this guide and everything is working flawlessly! The only issue is when I go to trackpad settings it only turns on bluetooth and says 'no trackpad detected', even though the built in trackpad is working and has gesture support. I did see some issues with the trackpad if you have slow boot and APFS but while I have APFS there isn't the slow boot issue. I'm also using a Samsung EVO SSD which is reported as working. Do I just need to use HFS+ or is there something else going on here?

So I ended up fixing this by replacing my trackpad.prefpane in /System/Library/Prefpanes with the one from El Capitan and I'm able to change the settings perfectly. This gives me the feeling that this is just how Mojave is? Not quite sure that anything went wrong since everything else was working like it should. Does anyone have an info to add? The prefpane doesn't work with dark mode but that's a small price to pay to be able to change settings, lol.

Update to latest kexts with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.
I Already have..the result is same..kernel panic (again)..

Attachments

• debug_18722.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
Please also boot with your USB and attach full PR files (using gen_debug.sh).
Make sure your BIOS settings are correct (64mb IGPU memory is important).

I have attached the Files.

Attachments

• debug_30130.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 71

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
So I ended up fixing this by replacing my trackpad.prefpane in /System/Library/Prefpanes with the one from El Capitan and I'm able to change the settings perfectly.

Bad idea.
Restore to original, attach PR files (as requested post #1),... address root problem.

I Already have..the result is same..kernel panic (again)..

Your panic_logs folder has content that indicates an NVRAM problem.
Note repeated KP report with same system uptime:
Code:
u430:panic_logs Admin$ grep uptime *.panic
Kernel_2018-10-06-195930_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-06-202804_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-06-205358_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-07-103204_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-07-104740_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572

Your drivers64UEFI has EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, so maybe you forgot to install "RC scripts" from Clover.
First, install "RC scripts" via the Clover installer.
That may help fix your NVRAM problem.

Then, try AptioMemoryFix*.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (eg. remove OsxAptio*.efi, remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, install AptioMemoryFix-64.efi).

Note: ioreg missing from your PR files. Please check your files before upload.

Your panic_logs folder has content that indicates an NVRAM problem.
Note repeated KP report with same system uptime:
Code:
u430:panic_logs Admin$ grep uptime *.panic
Kernel_2018-10-06-195930_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-06-202804_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-06-205358_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-07-103204_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572
Kernel_2018-10-07-104740_Aries-MacBook-Pro.panic:System uptime in nanoseconds: 20697116572

Your drivers64UEFI has EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, so maybe you forgot to install "RC scripts" from Clover.
First, install "RC scripts" via the Clover installer.
That may help fix your NVRAM problem.

Then, try AptioMemoryFix*.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (eg. remove OsxAptio*.efi, remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, install AptioMemoryFix-64.efi).

Note: ioreg missing from your PR files. Please check your files before upload.
my IOReg..sorry for this..

Attachments

• Arie’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 106
  • debug_18722.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back