Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i am trying to install mojave on my 2570p at last, but get KP on boot. I am booting in verbose mode and selected not to reboot on KP, but still the KP is too fast and I can't see the error messages.

i think I followed the guide pretty step by step.

did set up bios as per the guide, apart from a few items that i didn't find in my bios

using last rehabman clover build and installed in uefi mode in the efi of the mojave installer stick

left default selection of drivers64efi, now in efi64folder I have:
apfsdriverloader-64
appleimageloader-64
aptiomemoryfix-64
datahubdxe-64
fsinject-64
hfsplus
hpfanreset
smchelper-64

in kext > other I have:
fakesmc
intelmausiethernet
lilu
usbinjectall (trying with this as I am not getting to the installer)
voodoops2controller
whatevergreen

using config_HD4000_1366x768 (renamed to config.plist and replaced the original one in clover folder.

can't provide any more info for now, hope it is enough what i shared for some hints, maybe you can already see something big wrong, otherwise will try the reporting files method tomorrow to provide the whole set of data when I have more time to try again!

tia!

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Didn't check anything else.

I am at a loss here. I re-created my config.plist exactly as specified in the guide. I then used a dummy plist file to generate the SMBIOS section and copied it over to my final config.plist using text wrangler my editor of choice.

cp ./config/config_8x0_G3_Skylake.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

PLEASE help me here.

If I am doing something wrong here please be specific I am not understanding where I am messing up.

Attachments

• debug_5591.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I am at a loss here. I re-created my config.plist exactly as specified in the guide. I then changed the SMBIOS section with the one from a blank plist used in Clover Configurator

PLEASE help me here.

If I am doing something wrong here please be specific I am not understanding where I am messing up.
It is not advised to use Clover Configurator with your final config.plist. Best thing to do is open Clover Configurator and create a seperate SMBIOS plist file, then use Xcode or other plist editor to copy over the SMBIOS to your final config.plist.

It is not advised to use Clover Configurator with your final config.plist. Best thing to do is open Clover Configurator and create a seperate SMBIOS plist file, then use Xcode or other plist editor to copy over the SMBIOS to your final config.plist.

That is what I did I used a new blank plist file to generate the SMBIOS section. I then copied over the smbios section only into the final plist file.

hi i am trying to install mojave on my 2570p at last, but get KP on boot. I am booting in verbose mode and selected not to reboot on KP, but still the KP is too fast and I can't see the error messages.

i think I followed the guide pretty step by step.

did set up bios as per the guide, apart from a few items that i didn't find in my bios

using last rehabman clover build and installed in uefi mode in the efi of the mojave installer stick

left default selection of drivers64efi, now in efi64folder I have:
apfsdriverloader-64
appleimageloader-64
aptiomemoryfix-64
datahubdxe-64
fsinject-64
hfsplus
hpfanreset
smchelper-64

in kext > other I have:
fakesmc
intelmausiethernet
lilu
usbinjectall (trying with this as I am not getting to the installer)
voodoops2controller
whatevergreen

using config_HD4000_1366x768 (renamed to config.plist and replaced the original one in clover folder.

can't provide any more info for now, hope it is enough what i shared for some hints, maybe you can already see something big wrong, otherwise will try the reporting files method tomorrow to provide the whole set of data when I have more time to try again!

tia!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, you need to fix your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply, please.

I am at a loss here. I re-created my config.plist exactly as specified in the guide. I then used a dummy plist file to generate the SMBIOS section and copied it over to my final config.plist using text wrangler my editor of choice.

PLEASE help me here.

This config.plist looks ok, although it is best to only set the additional unique items in config.plist/SMBIOS (eg. serial#s).
You should remove VirtualBox... it has been known to cause issues.
General rule is don't add software you don't need, especially not prior to initial testing or when trying to resolve a problem.

This config.plist looks ok, although it is best to only set the additional unique items in config.plist/SMBIOS (eg. serial#s).
You should remove VirtualBox... it has been known to cause issues.
General rule is don't add software you don't need, especially not prior to initial testing or when trying to resolve a problem.

Do you have any other ideas? Sleep is still not working. I removed Virtualbox

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, you need to fix your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply, please.

It seems the problem was your config.plist, dunno if i downloaded it wrongly or what, but with another from a guy in this forum it boots.. is that normal that opening your config in the beginning I see "why github" and other stuff before the real file content?

It seems the problem was your config.plist, dunno if i downloaded it wrongly or what, but with another from a guy in this forum it boots.. is that normal that opening your config in the beginning I see "why github" and other stuff before the real file content?
no, it shouldn't say anything in config.plist regarding "why gitub"

did you download the zip from the laptop guide with all the config.plist's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back