Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
drivers64UEFI has AudioDxe-64.efi. Why? (not recommended in the guide).
Why are FakeSMC_*Sensors.kext in Clover/kexts/Other (also not recommended in the guide).
FakeSMC_*Sensors.kext not installed by default,... not recomended.
What else did you do (or not do) as not recommended by the guide?

Also:
You might try MacBookPro11,1 instead of MacBookPro13,x.

And you should test display sleep independently of computer sleep.
Might try other ig-platform-id values also.
Maybe remove secondary SSD (Intel SSD).

No other ideas for now.

The FakeSMC was my mistake I am sorry I totally forgot about those. The AudioDXE I have no idea how that got in my drivers64UEFI folder. I am at a loss now I have tried MacbookPro11,1 didn't work either. I removed the FakeSMC plugins and the AudioDXE-64.efi still not working. I have also tried with the M.2 ssd out of the machine as well. I guess I will just run without sleep for now. Everything else works. If you or anyone else thinks of something or knows of anything else to try please let me know.

The FakeSMC was my mistake I am sorry I totally forgot about those. The AudioDXE I have no idea how that got in my drivers64UEFI folder. I am at a loss now I have tried MacbookPro11,1 didn't work either. I removed the FakeSMC plugins and the AudioDXE-64.efi still not working. I have also tried with the M.2 ssd out of the machine as well. I guess I will just run without sleep for now. Everything else works. If you or anyone else thinks of something or knows of anything else to try please let me know.

Any change will require new PR files.

Any change will require new PR files.

Rehabman, let me start off by apologizing I may have come off wrong earlier I was just getting frustrated with this thing. You are extremely helpful to this community and I value your input. I am attaching the problem reporting files as requested. I have changed my Model identifier to MacBook Pro 11,1 and I have also removed all unnecessary kexts from Library/Extensions and from Clover other folder as well. Mainly just kexts for hardware I know this machine doesn't have like the Probook Atheros kext unsupported Sata kext etc. Display sleep works 100% as expected it's only system sleep that doesn't work. I know my Igpu is being detected correctly because screen brightness works as does DRM in Chrome for purchased movies in Youtube in full 1080p. I did go ahead and put in what I believe to be a valid ig-platform-id in my config.plist. I again sincerely appreciate any and all input you can give me. I put my Windows SSD back in because it's a Sata M.2 SSD and removing it didn't make a difference.

Last edited:
so i could just get the one linked below for example and then just get rid of the adapter, antennas etc?

Here's a card that definitely works in the 2570p, and seems to be readily available:

AzureWave AW-CE123H / 802.11ac/n/b/g + Bluetooth 4.0 / Half-Size PCI-Express MiniCard

The link is to Amazon but I found it on AliExpress without any trouble.

If you're on a tight budget and/or don't have 802.11ac, this card also works:

Dell DW1520 BCM4322 Wireless 1520 WLAN 802.11AGN Half Size Mini PCI Express Card Broadcom BCM943224HMS

Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your machine.

[SOLVED]
Question: I'm running mojave on Elitebook 8470p, everything is working great. But Hwmonitor isn't showing cpu temperature. Only show harddrives. Any clue what that might be? (Probally something really silly that i'm not thinking of).

ps. I have all FakeSMC kexts in kexts folder.

Last edited:
Question: I'm running mojave on Elitebook 8470p, everything is working great. But Hwmonitor isn't showing cpu temperature. Only show harddrives. Any clue what that might be? (Probally something really silly that i'm not thinking of).

The FakeSMC Plugin kexts need to be installed by a kext installer such as kext beast. They should be installed into /Library/Extensions. I made this mistake my self thinking the plugins should go into the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other only FakeSMC related kext that should be here is fakesmc.kext. Remove the FakeSMC Plugins from this folder and install them like I mentioned above.

The FakeSMC Plugin kexts need to be installed by a kext installer such as kext beast. They should be installed into /Library/Extensions. I made this mistake my self thinking the plugins should go into the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other only FakeSMC related kext that should be here is fakesmc.kext. Remove the FakeSMC Plugins from this folder and install them like I mentioned above.
Thanks very much dude, that worked out!!

not sure though why this isn't showing disk0 temperature.

kexts I installed:

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext was already installed in the folder.

Did i forget any?

Last edited:
Thanks very much dude, that worked out!!

not sure though why this isn't showing disk0 temperature.

kexts I installed:

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext was already installed in the folder.

Did i forget any?

View attachment 391126

That looks good to me looks the same as mine. I will tell you that if you have any problems the FakeSMC plugins are not recommended per the guide on post #1

Rehabman, let me start off by apologizing I may have come off wrong earlier I was just getting frustrated with this thing. You are extremely helpful to this community and I value your input. I am attaching the problem reporting files as requested. I have changed my Model identifier to MacBook Pro 11,1 and I have also removed all unnecessary kexts from Library/Extensions and from Clover other folder as well. Mainly just kexts for hardware I know this machine doesn't have like the Probook Atheros kext unsupported Sata kext etc. Display sleep works 100% as expected it's only system sleep that doesn't work. I know my Igpu is being detected correctly because screen brightness works as does DRM in Chrome for purchased movies in Youtube in full 1080p. I did go ahead and put in what I believe to be a valid ig-platform-id in my config.plist. I again sincerely appreciate any and all input you can give me. I put my Windows SSD back in because it's a Sata M.2 SSD and removing it didn't make a difference.

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Didn't check anything else.

[SOLVED]

By default, FakeSMC sensor kexts are not installed (they are inefficient, therefore not recommended).
You can use _tools/install_sensors.sh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back