Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastboot was it had actually put it out weird, now it works as it should thank you

Hi Rehabman,

I just need to confirm that this guide is still correct with the latest 10.12.6 + Security patches?
Or is it better to rather follow the various audio/battery/etc. guides separately from this guide's scripts?

Reason I'm asking: I've had the update done (mistakenly) this weekend, and since then I can use the USB install with Clover guide to get the system booted up, but the moment I use the ssdtPRgen/sh + 4x0_g0 config.plist file, I'm getting boot crashes and I can't yet understand them.

I attached the EFI-ssd that doesn't work, and the EFI-usb that is bootable (no audio, battery)

and some of the captured crash output that MacOS gave me as I booted from the USB.

Attachments

• EFI-ssd.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 94
  • old-config-new-amls.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 4x0_g0-crash.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 111
  • EFI-usb-bootable.zip
    7 MB · Views: 97
so nice to hear about silent systems! thx for the hint with voltageshift! any drawbacks on using undervolting?

thx and cheerio!

You have to find your values because they depend on the individual silicon purity, i reached -110 cpu anc cache and -95 gpu and it seems stable so far, i add 5mv each week to see how far it goes :) its a realy great feature and as always, it works way better on osx than it does intel xtu on windows. But i guess it's just my love for command line tools coming from linux.

Hi Rehabman,

I just need to confirm that this guide is still correct with the latest 10.12.6 + Security patches?
Or is it better to rather follow the various audio/battery/etc. guides separately from this guide's scripts?

Reason I'm asking: I've had the update done (mistakenly) this weekend, and since then I can use the USB install with Clover guide to get the system booted up, but the moment I use the ssdtPRgen/sh + 4x0_g0 config.plist file, I'm getting boot crashes and I can't yet understand them.

I attached the EFI-ssd that doesn't work, and the EFI-usb that is bootable (no audio, battery)

and some of the captured crash output that MacOS gave me as I booted from the USB.
Photos of crashes:

Hello. This is about my old 4530s, after 7 years of updating the OS the computer was not working so I erased everything and reinstalled High Sierra. I noticed I have no sound. Would you be able to help me. I tried to reboot without caches but when I hit the space bar, I do not have that option in clover anymore.Thanks so much.

Maybe I need to change a 7 for a 5 in the SSDT but I do not remember where

PS: I got it. Have sound. Thanks anyway

Last edited:
- Upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.5
- HP Probook 4530s

Thank you for pointing me in this direction! This works surprisingly well, with no major issues (perhaps some speedstep issues, but nothing exciting). The only thing I didn't consider was the G5's new touchpad ('Clickpad'); it works, but understandably the pad click (can't think of a good description) not so much, and I think the seperate physical buttons are now pressure based (click only registers on hard press)... I may have missed something - this is in no way asking for further assistance, just an FYI. Ah well. Again, thank you.

You might want to attach full problem reporting files (see post #1, and FAQ) for verification.
And you should probably test your USB ports... (may require custom USB as per post #1).

Hi Rehabman,

Your hardware does not require ssdtPRgen.sh.
You really need to read post #1 carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back