Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I installed High Sierra but there were problems with trackpad and bluetooth and I couldn't figure it out so I tried macOS Sierra and everything was working as it should with Hotpatch so I used it for few weeks and then updated directly from App Store last month.

I created my USB installer on my other Hackintosh, Dell Optiplex 780.

Repeat: Maybe you should do a fresh install if you don't know how you arrived at this point...

Your preboot.log (F2 and F4 worked just fine) shows you have a 1080p display. So, you must use the config_HD3000_1600x900.plist as config.plist.
Please fix your profile as per FAQ to indicate screen resolution:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Fixed.
Your bootlog looks mostly normal. Keep in mind that booting the installer from USB is not quick.

The installer immediately shows a full progress bar, sits as such for 3 min or less, then the computer reboots.
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
I downloaded macOS and created the installer on my GA-H87N-wifi rig running High Sierra.

FWIW the reason I'm doing a fresh install of High Sierra is because the Apple Store upgrade from Sierra failed, even though I followed the instructions closely.

Attachments

• debug_19422.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
Fixed.

The installer immediately shows a full progress bar, sits as such for 3 min or less, then the computer reboots.

I downloaded macOS and created the installer on my GA-H87N-wifi rig running High Sierra.

FWIW the reason I'm doing a fresh install of High Sierra is because the Apple Store upgrade from Sierra failed, even though I followed the instructions closely.

If you have an issue, you must describe it clearly and provide "problem reporting" files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hey Gurus,

I'd need a little help...
I have installed 10.13.3 on my Probook 640G1. It's almost perfect...
There's no audio and bluetooth, though BT is not that imprtant.
Battery status is visible, but it looks like it's not "updating" its status. I.e. status bar stays e.g. 55% after plugging the charger in, and stays even when the battery is fully charged.
Thanks a lot!
_A_

Hi,
As requested...

You did not follow the guide.
This guide does not install aDummyHDA.kext, nor GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Start over and install fresh as per post #1 (and use HFS+J, not APFS).

Hey., Thanks it works for my Elitebook 840 G1 Haswell; however, i can't get my audio jack working but sounds from internal speaker is working fine, so is the microphone. My Wifi doesn't work either but maybe my wifi card isn't supported and i don't know how to check my wifi card type. Can you plz help me how to solve it.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Hi.
A couple of days ago I updated from 10.12.6 to 10.13.3 with conversion to APFS and got some problems:
1. Now my laptop does not automatically connect to the wifi network (prior to the upgrade, all was good). I choose the network name every time, although the option "automatically connect" is selected. Is it possible to somehow fix it?
2. Even before loading the Clover, text appears quickly, as with a verbose load. The text also appears for a second after selecting the boot volume. And I had 3 new volumes in the Clover, which for some reason did not disappear after the update. Can I somehow safely get rid of them?

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 97
  • ioreg.zip
    671.8 KB · Views: 75
  • patchmatic.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 63
  • terminalOutput.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back