Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
huhuhu..i just imitate your Probook 4540s setup and luckily bought a prestine condition....do you highly recommend lenovo u430 over probook versions...hope to find a bargain lenovo u430 instead i end up in probook...

There are minor advantages/disadvantages, but each is relatively compatible, given normal hackintosh expectations.

The WiFi/BT hardware does not need to be installed during the macOS installation process.
You're already wasting time by failing to attach problem reporting files.
I fitted its Win10 drive back in and it does not show in Win10 either - sending the card back - I should have checked that first - apologies

You are probably not installing Clover correctly. Make sure you select correct settings in "Customize".
Hi RehabMan,

I did the settings in customize part by the book

Let me do a roll back in time.
I first had mavericks installed PBI CE
then I updated to sierra then to high sierra
High sierra didn't work well and wanted to go back to sierra

This time you can't overwrite and have to do a clean install. Made the sierra usb installer went through the first phase with creating partition and everything and then got stuck into this as told before

"Though I used latest clover 4359 for USB Clover_v2.4k_r4359.RM-4506.7036cf0a now I have a wallpaper of a mountain and clover version number 3193 from 2015 as written while you need at least 3330 for the config.plist. If I click the big apple logo circle in the middle "Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra" does go onto an apple logo screen where nothing happens. The normal behaviour would be let me install further on the formatted system partition I created before. Anyway it does go in verbose mode but gives an error "OsxAptipFixDrv: Error requested memory exceeds our relocated allocation block Requested mem C7B000-587FFFF" then "Reloc: block can handle mem requests 0-43EFFFF" then "error allocating 0x4x05 pages......." "Error loading kernel cache" Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting" then stays there"

Even if i don't insert the usb installer stick the pc boots into that residual yosemite clover bootloader. How can I get rid of that and have access to disk utility to format that partition again?

Thank you

I fitted its Win10 drive back in and it does not show in Win10 either - sending the card back - I should have checked that first - apologies

Maybe you have it disabled in BIOS.
Did you check your BIOS settings are as per post #1?

"Though I used latest clover 4359 for USB Clover_v2.4k_r4359.RM-4506.7036cf0a now I have a wallpaper of a mountain and clover version number 3193

You did not install it correctly.

You did not install it correctly.
So please let me get past these RehabMan
Try answer one at a time

1 no matter I have a usb installer stick or not how can I get rid of the residual partially installed yosemite clover bootloader?
2 how can I reformat the partition and start clean install?
3 what makes the difference between an overwrite and a clean clover uefi hotpatch install in terms of how you install the usb stick?
4 having sierra and high sierra as overwrites macOSs can I install sierra again as overwite preserving the apps docs etc? Or I can only do a clean install considering I got stuck in the process with this partially installed yosemite clover bootloader?

Thanks a lot RehabMan

1 no matter I have a usb installer stick or not how can I get rid of the residual partially installed yosemite clover bootloader?

Clover is on the EFI partition. You can remove it simply by removing all files/folders from the EFI/Clover and EFI/BOOT.

2 how can I reformat the partition and start clean install?

Which partition are you referring to?

3 what makes the difference between an overwrite and a clean clover uefi hotpatch install in terms of how you install the usb stick?

I don't know what you mean by "install the usb stick".

4 having sierra and high sierra as overwrites macOSs can I install sierra again as overwite preserving the apps docs etc? Or I can only do a clean install considering I got stuck in the process with this partially installed yosemite clover bootloader?

The EFI partition (where Clover is installed) has nothing to do with your system partition (where macOS/OS X is installed).

my resolution on clover boot is messed up when i configure it on plist 1080p res...installed csmvid efi..i have auo v4..what setting will i adjust to ahave 1080p in clover boot boot menu?

my resolution on clover boot is messed up when i configure it on plist 1080p res...installed csmvid efi..i have auo v4..what setting will i adjust to ahave 1080p in clover boot boot menu?

You should not use CsmVideoDxe-64.efi (it is not called for by the guide).
The only way to get 1080p in Clover is to disable CSM (eg. not UEFI hybrid). But that will cause other problems...

i’m having an issue where when i reboot after making the changes with the config file, all of the boot volumes disappear from clover, and i can’t boot. anything i can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back