Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for testing. This change is now pushed to github.
Yeah. Actually i still have a problem with this error: Haswell (and Broadwell) lags/pauses/unresponsiveness shortly after boot (and after wake from sleep)

Honestly, i read your solution but with my knowledge, i do not know how to turnoff the right port. So after some tests (i know this is a temporary solution), i disable 4 parts, and no more lag :D

- Enable fourth connector by changing port count, 0x0a260006, RehabMan
- Add missing 0306 DP connector
- Adjust 0x0d260007 PWMMax from 0x07a1 to 0x0ad9
- DP port 0306, 0x0d260007

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable fourth connector by changing port count, 0x0a260006, RehabMan</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwM=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDBAM=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Add missing 0306 DP connector</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
/wAAAAEAAABAAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYDAAAEAACHAAAA
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Adjust 0x0d260007 PWMMax from 0x07a1 to 0x0ad9</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
oQcAAKEHAAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
2QoAANkKAAA=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>DP port 0306, 0x0d260007</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AwYDAAAIAAAGAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYDAAAEAAAGAAAA
</data>
</dict>

Unfortunately that is the issue - the Trackpad pane is empty.

Unfortunately that is the precise issue I am trying to fix. The Trackpad pane is not showing me any options. View media item 189986
Do you know of any other options that I can try to enable the pane or to enable the tap-to-click functionality?

Thanks!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Yeah. Actually i still have a problem with this error: Haswell (and Broadwell) lags/pauses/unresponsiveness shortly after boot (and after wake from sleep)

Honestly, i read your solution but with my knowledge, i do not know how to turnoff the right port. So after some tests (i know this is a temporary solution), i disable 4 parts, and no more lag :D

- Enable fourth connector by changing port count, 0x0a260006, RehabMan
- Add missing 0306 DP connector
- Adjust 0x0d260007 PWMMax from 0x07a1 to 0x0ad9
- DP port 0306, 0x0d260007

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable fourth connector by changing port count, 0x0a260006, RehabMan</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwM=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDBAM=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Add missing 0306 DP connector</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
/wAAAAEAAABAAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYDAAAEAACHAAAA
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Adjust 0x0d260007 PWMMax from 0x07a1 to 0x0ad9</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
oQcAAKEHAAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
2QoAANkKAAA=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>DP port 0306, 0x0d260007</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AwYDAAAIAAAGAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYDAAAEAAAGAAAA
</data>
</dict>

Your ZBook might not have any Intel external ports (HDMI is dedicated to Nvidia, right?), so removing all external ports from the framebuffer is probably the right thing to do.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I'm sorry. I have attached them as requested.

SysPrefs->Trackpad.
Unfortunately that is the issue - the Trackpad pane is empty and is not showing me any options. View media item 189986
Do you know of any other options that I can try to enable the pane or to enable the tap-to-click functionality?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Unfortunately that is the issue - the Trackpad pane is empty.

Unfortunately that is the precise issue I am trying to fix. The Trackpad pane is not showing me any options. View media item 189986

Thanks!

Attach output of:
Code:
diskutil list

Note: You seem to have a lot of external storage devices connected. You should try without...

Note also: Booting from HDD may cause boot delays and 10.13.x seems especially sensitive to this. Best to install to SSD.

Unfortunately that is the issue - the Trackpad pane is empty and is not showing me any options. View media item 189986

Thanks!

Attach output of:
Code:
diskutil list

Note: You seem to have a lot of external storage devices connected. You should try without...

Note also: Booting from HDD may cause boot delays and 10.13.x seems especially sensitive to this. Best to install to SSD.

I'm also having the same issue here, and I've installed on SSD, although is not much of a problem for me, cuz I'm not using the TrackPad.

I'm saying this cuz I'm also using HP ProBook 4530s, if you need I can attach reporting files, maybe you can manage to find workaround for @newisd

EDIT: I did not faced this issue on Sirra or older OS X's, it all happened after the High Sierra was updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also having the same issue here, and I've installed on SSD, although is not much of a problem for me, cuz I'm not using the TrackPad.

I'm saying this cuz I'm also using HP ProBook 4530s, if you need I can attach reporting files, maybe you can manage to find workaround for @newisd

EDIT: I did not faced this issue on Sirra or older OS X's, it all happened after the High Sierra was updated.

Maybe you installed on APFS...

No, its not APFS, its on HFS+J, right after the High Sierra Upgrade and the upgrade was with --converttoapfs NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back